Christopher Columbus’s father wa s Polish king?

  • Danuta Janina Wójcik
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010
      Explorer Christopher Columbus was the son of 15th century unmarried Polish king, Władysław III, claims a Portuguese historian.

      The Polish king was conceived, argues historian Manuel Rosa, after Wladyslaw fled to the Portuguese island of Madeira after fighting against the expansion of the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Varna in 1444.

      The young Polish king met a Portuguese noblewoman and they had a son, Christopher.

      "The courts of Europe knew who [Christopher] was and kept his secret for their own reasons," Rosa told the Daily Telegraph.

      "I have made a request to the Cathedral in Krakow to examine remains from the tomb of Wladyslaw II, who could turn out to be the grandfather of Columbus. It would prove the truth of my theory," Rosa added.

      The theory, presented in the new biography, Columbus: The Untold Story sets to disprove convention wisdom - that Wladyslaw died in the Battle of Varna and that the father of the world’s most famous explorer was Italian wool weaver Domenico Columbo.

      The new claim will also be used by some to disprove theories by some historians that Wladyslaw was a homosexual. (pg)

      http://www.thenews.pl/international/artykul144469_christopher-columbuss-father-was-polish-king.html

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010
        Another article:

        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/8166041/Christopher-Columbus-was-son-of-Polish-king.html

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010

          Manuel Rosa:

          http://dukechronicle.com/article/qa-manuel-rosa-it-analyst-duke-comprehensive-cancer-center

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ-H7A3J9Vg

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010

            Battle of Varna:

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Varna

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010

              Władysław III Warnenczyk has Russian and Lithuanian ancestry:

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C5%82adys%C5%82aw_III_of_Poland

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010

                Halshany:

                According to a legend the town was founded by the founder of the Olshanski (Olszańscy, Alšėniškiai) family of Lithuanian nobility. It was the place of birth of the Lithuanian princess and later the Grand Duchess of Lithuania and queen of Poland Sophia of Halshany, extending Lithuanian Jagellon dynasty over two states.

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halshany