RE: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Demko Demkovich

  • Rose Sigut
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 1, 2010
      hi lavrentiy. i just followed the directions as shown and never got any
      extra information. please make any suggestions yyou think may help and i
      will try them. thanks. rose
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 16, 2010
        Rose,

        What is the source which you indicated that Maria Demko was born in Cabiny for the following database:

        http://www.our-slovakia.com/slovaknames.html

        Cabiny records are on LDS FHL microfilm. Examine the microfilm to see if Maria Demko was born in Cabiny:

        http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=758490&disp=Cirkevn%26%23xe1%3B+matrika &columns=*,0,0

        Cabiny is located not far from Galicia, so maybe that is where you are getting the Galicia from. But, Cabiny was not located in Galicia.

        Rose, since it appears that Maria Demko was a "Rusyn", you should take your line of inquiry to the Yahoo Rusyn Group:

        http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=758490&disp=Cirkevn%26%23xe1%3B+matrika &columns=*,0,0

        There you may be more information.

        _________

        Lavrentiy