Re: [rusyns] LDS FHL Microfilm Rental Ordering On-line Coming Soon?

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2010

      Which Janow...there are three places with the name Janow.

      /

      --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "ascheer51" <ascheer@...> wrote:

      > Hi, my first post. I'm in Australia and have just started searching for records of my Grandfather, Gustav SCHEER born Janow 1888 (I believe 2 August). Yesterday I sent a request to FamilySearch and was told there were relevant rolls of microfilm from the church records - Lutheran parish Hartfeld. Also, quote: "..these microfilm can be viewed only at a FamilySearch center (there is a fee involved and a delay to get the microfilm from the US to Australia.)....(I am sure that you can order it over the internet and have it sent to any FamilySearch center you desire--the fee can be charged to a visa card) Note: you may wish to visit them before ordering the film and find out how long it will take, etc. You will have a limited time in which to view the film, at which time it will be shipped back..."
      > Certainly would help if i could get records on-line, but this was not offered. Andrew.
      >
      > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Lolly Kozak <lolky95@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes payment is done by credit card in USD.
      > > Lolly

    • Andrew Scheer
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 31, 2010
        I have no way of knowing.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
          What information did you give to the people at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City that they identified that the Hartfeld Evangelical church records are the records that you should examine?

          --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Scheer <ascheer@...> wrote:

          > I have no way of knowing.
          >
          > On 1/11/2010 1:06 AM, Laurence wrote:
          > >
          > > /
          > >
          > > Which Janow...there are three places with the name Janow.
          > >
          > > /
          > >
          > > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:GaliciaPoland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com>, "ascheer51"
          > > <ascheer@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi, my first post. I'm in Australia and have just started searching
          > > for records of my Grandfather, Gustav SCHEER born Janow 1888 (I
          > > believe 2 August). Yesterday I sent a request to FamilySearch and was
          > > told there were relevant rolls of microfilm from the church records -
          > > Lutheran parish Hartfeld. Also, quote: "..these microfilm can be
          > > viewed only at a FamilySearch center (there is a fee involved and a
          > > delay to get the microfilm from the US to Australia.)....(I am sure
          > > that you can order it over the internet and have it sent to any
          > > FamilySearch center you desire--the fee can be charged to a visa card)
          > > Note: you may wish to visit them before ordering the film and find out
          > > how long it will take, etc. You will have a limited time in which to
          > > view the film, at which time it will be shipped back..."
          > > > Certainly would help if i could get records on-line, but this was
          > > not offered. Andrew.
          > > >
          > > > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:GaliciaPoland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com>, Lolly Kozak

        • Andrew Scheer
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
            I used this list: http://semanchuk.com/gen/maps/UnterschutzIndex.pdf

            (Thank you for your patience and help!)

            Regards, Andrew

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 2, 2010
              Hello Andrew,

              Well, you have assumed that your ancestors are Germans, which I agree with. The Janow near Grodek Jagiellonski had a large Gerrman population, so that would be the initial place to start gathering records. Your ancestors could have been Roman Catholics or Evangelicals. There was a RC church in Janow/Jagiellonski. There was an Evangeical church in nearby Hartfeld.

              Did you inform FHL in Salt Lake City that your ancestors were Evangelicals since they wrote that you need the Hartfeld records?

              If they are not from the above discussed Janow then there are two other places that had the name Janow.

              _________

              Lavrentiy