Re: Latin Translation - Jozef Kopec Marriage 1889

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hello Roman,

      Your translation includes a part of Wojtek's 1860 marriage registration.

      In Josef's 1889 marriage registration the priest wrote something about Zabno. What did he note?

      --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Roman <romankal@...> wrote:

      > Witaj Danuto,
      >
      > As I see the entries, we have:
      >
      > Josephus Kopeć miles reserv. legionis pedestr. Num 57 fil Adalberti
      > Kopeć et Agnetis nat. Pol nat et habit. in Siedliszowice.
      >
      > Joseph Kopeć, reserve soldier of the 57th infantry legion (Regiment),
      > son of Adalbert Kopeć and Agnes nee Pol, born in and resident of
      > Siedliszowice.
      >
      > Adalbertus filius + Joannis Kopeć et Catharinae Barabaś - cum consesu
      > Instantiae militaris dto 21 Junii 860 Mainz.
      >
      > Adalbert, son of Jan Kopeć (deceased) and Catharine Barabaś - with the
      > consent of the military forces dated 21 Jun 1860, Mainz.
      >
      > The consent given above is a dated document presumably obtained from
      > Adalbert's local military commander whose headquarters are in Mainz.
      >
      > Cześć,
      >
      > Roman
      >
      > On 1/31/2010 8:56 AM, Danuta Janina Wójcik wrote:
      > >

      > > Witam,
      > >
      > > I have uploaded the parish marriage record for Jozef Kopec. Need latin
      > > translation to identify correctly his military position and regiment. It
      > > looks like he was a reservist in the 57th Regiment.
      > >
      > > Dzieki,
      > > Danuta

    • Roman
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
        Hi Larry,

        The annotation reads:

        Consensus pupill C. r. Judicii Żabno ddt 20/9 889 Nr. 5146 pro minorenum
        sponsa assero. in actis paroch. Nr. 14/889.

        Minor Consent (decree) of the federal court in Żabno, dated 20/9 1889,
        Nr. 5146 for the protection of the minor bride (is entered) in the
        parish acts Nr. 14/889.

        In other words, the parish recorded in its books the consent decree for
        the 17 year old bride.

        Roman

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
          Roman thanks.

          It is interesting that the consent was also recorded in the civil office/court, which in this case (for Siedliszowice) was located in Z~abno. I was not aware that they done that during the Austrian-era. I thought that such acts were only recorded in the parish register.

          Siedliszowice was a filial church of the Wietrzychowice parish.

        • Roman
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2010
            Larry,

            Keep in mind that the document provided by Danuta is likely the Bishop's
            Copy of the marriage register for Wietrzychowice, located just across
            the river from Siedliszowice, both located within the civil jurisdiction
            of Żabno.

            If the bride was a ward of the court (that is, an orphan) then they
            certainly would have a stake in granting marriage consent. In any case,
            the church books would document parental or court permissions for the
            minor before performing a marriage. I have seen many marriage books for
            Galicia in which an annotation was made with regard to either civil,
            military as well as parental (real and adoptive) consents.

            Roman

            On 2/1/2010 2:57 PM, Laurence wrote:

            > Roman thanks.
            >
            > It is interesting that the consent was also recorded in the civil
            > office/court, which in this case (for Siedliszowice) was located in
            > Z~abno. I was not aware that they done that during the Austrian-era. I
            > thought that such acts were only recorded in the parish register.
            >
            > Siedliszowice was a filial church of the Wietrzychowice parish.

            > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:GaliciaPoland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com>, Roman <romankal@...>
            > wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi Larry,
            >>
            >> The annotation reads:
            >>
            >> Consensus pupill C. r. Judicii Żabno ddt 20/9 889 Nr. 5146 pro minorenum
            >> sponsa assero. in actis paroch. Nr. 14/889.
            >>
            >> Minor Consent (decree) of the federal court in Żabno, dated 20/9 1889,
            >> Nr. 5146 for the protection of the minor bride (is entered) in the
            >> parish acts Nr. 14/889.
            >>
            >> In other words, the parish recorded in its books the consent decree for
            >> the 17 year old bride.
            >>
            >> Roman
            >>
            >> On 2/1/2010 8:13 AM, Laurence wrote:
            >> >

            >> > Hello Roman,
            >> >
            >> > Your translation includes a part of Wojtek's 1860 marriage registration.
            >> >
            >> > In Josef's 1889 marriage registration the priest wrote something about
            >> > Zabno. What did he note?
            >> >
            >> > ______
            >> >
            >> > Lavrentiy
            >> >
            >> > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:GaliciaPoland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com>
            >> > <mailto:GaliciaPoland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com>, Roman <romankal@>

            > (Regiment),

            > cum consesu

            > - with the

            > latin
            > regiment. It

          • Danuta Janina Wójcik
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2010
              Cześć Roman,

              Bardzo Ci dziękuję. My paternal great-grandfather and great-uncle thank you, as well. :)

              milego dnia,
              Danuta