Flu epidemic

  • Danuta Janina Wójcik
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2009
      I had my shot on Thursday, the vaccination did not hurt. Absolutely, no side effects.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
        H1N1 Flu Shot Cripples Cheerleader

        An H1N1 flu shot crippled a Washington Redskins cheerleader by causing dystonia, a rare neurological disorder.

        http://a11news.com/2477/h1n1-flu-shot-cripples-cheerleader/

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
          Can a person carry the H1N1 virus to others without knowing they are ill?

          This is a somewhat difficult question, as we really are limited in our knowledge of the characteristics of the H1N1 virus at this time, but, generally, there is no carrier state with influenza. If a person exposed to this virus has no symptoms 24-48 hours after exposure, then it is unlikely they are (or were) infectious to others.

          http://flu.osu.edu/blog/?p=51

          Mother of girl who died of H1N1 says she showed no symptoms

          http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/mother-of-girl-who-died-of-h1n1-says-she-showed-no-symptoms/1590600875
        • Damareisv
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
            I've separately sent a link to the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with a discussion of the H1N1 swine flu. http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/qa.htm

            One point they make is that a infected person "may be able to infect others from 1 day before getting sick to 5 to 7 days after." That is a long period of time in which a person can spread the disease.

            This article is well worth reading.

            Steve Zerkis