Re: hiring a guide near Sanok

  • aburock
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31 11:00 PM
      Hi Andrew -- my great grandfather's name was Semko (Samuel in the US) Olanich/Olianicz. According to his death certificate his mom's maiden name was something like "Welchuk". He married Eudokia Gulik from Rzepedz (once they were both in Pennsylvania). Amy

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Kohut" <andrew.kohut@...> wrote:

      > Hi Amy - if you mean the Jawornik near Komancza, what surname(s) are you
      > researching from Jawornik?
      >
      > Let me know & I can maybe help find a guide for you.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Andrew
      >

      > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "aburock" <aburock@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi group -- I am looking into a finding an English- and
      > Polish-speaking guide to help me find Lipowiec, Rzepedz and the former
      > village of Jawornik near Sanok in July. Does anyone have any
      > suggestions? Thanks! Amy

    • Danuta Janina W√≥jcik
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
        Witaj Amy,

        The villages are still there south of Sanok, near the Slovak border. I will upload a map for you

        There is a village called Jawornik Ruski north of Sanok, but the other Jawornik village is near Rzepedz, you will see it on the map.

        Sanok to Rzepedz is 29 kms. - 38 mins. Hwy. 84 to 892. Rzepedz to Lipowiec is 36 km. - 37 mins - Hwy 892 to 897

        I can suggest Iwona Dakiniewicz, who is a professional genealogist and guide. Her e-mail address is: genealogy@... You can mention my name if you choose to e-mail her.

        pozdrawiam,
        Danuta