hiring a guide near Sanok

  • aburock
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31 8:40 AM
      Hi group -- I am looking into a finding an English- and Polish-speaking guide to help me find Lipowiec, Rzepedz and the former village of Jawornik near Sanok in July. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! Amy
    • Krystyna Styrna
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31 9:04 AM
        Hi Amy is this the one?
        http://www.i-karpaty.eu/index.php?id=1&g=24&h=8&l=23&lang=pl
        The above  home page also can be viewed in English as it has a Tourist section.

        Here is a modern map of Poland ;
        http://www.naszemiasta.pl/Rzepedz

        Not sure if this is of any use to you but it has all the villages listed  of that area
        VIII. Dekanat Rymanowski for Rzepedź,  Lipowiec and so on
        http://spuscizna.org/spuscizna/gc-deaneries.htm

        Pozdrawiam bardzo serdecznie Krystyna Styrna

        Hi group -- I am looking into a finding an English- and Polish-speaking guide to help me find Lipowiec, Rzepedz and the former village of Jawornik near Sanok in July. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! Amy

      • Andrew Kohut
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31 10:48 AM
          Hi Amy - if you mean the Jawornik near Komancza, what surname(s) are you
          researching from Jawornik?

          Let me know & I can maybe help find a guide for you.

          Regards,

          Andrew

          --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "aburock" <aburock@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , May 31 11:00 PM
            Hi Andrew -- my great grandfather's name was Semko (Samuel in the US) Olanich/Olianicz. According to his death certificate his mom's maiden name was something like "Welchuk". He married Eudokia Gulik from Rzepedz (once they were both in Pennsylvania). Amy

            --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Kohut" <andrew.kohut@...> wrote:

            > Hi Amy - if you mean the Jawornik near Komancza, what surname(s) are you
            > researching from Jawornik?
            >
            > Let me know & I can maybe help find a guide for you.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Andrew
            >

            > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "aburock" <aburock@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi group -- I am looking into a finding an English- and
            > Polish-speaking guide to help me find Lipowiec, Rzepedz and the former
            > village of Jawornik near Sanok in July. Does anyone have any
            > suggestions? Thanks! Amy

          • Danuta Janina Wójcik
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
              Witaj Amy,

              The villages are still there south of Sanok, near the Slovak border. I will upload a map for you

              There is a village called Jawornik Ruski north of Sanok, but the other Jawornik village is near Rzepedz, you will see it on the map.

              Sanok to Rzepedz is 29 kms. - 38 mins. Hwy. 84 to 892. Rzepedz to Lipowiec is 36 km. - 37 mins - Hwy 892 to 897

              I can suggest Iwona Dakiniewicz, who is a professional genealogist and guide. Her e-mail address is: genealogy@... You can mention my name if you choose to e-mail her.

              pozdrawiam,
              Danuta