Re: visiting Poland

  • buttonz2001
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2009
      No, Sosnowiec is correct spelling.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sosnowiec

      What I would like are the addresses of all the Wojtowicz's there so I can send letters. The online white pages only gives phone numbers. And since the US Post Office no longer sells international reply coupons how do I provide postage for any reply letters?

      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2009
        Do have the right place? Sosnowiec was not in Galicia. In Galicia is Sosnowice. Sosnowice is near Wadowice, which is southwest of Krakow.

        Regarding postage for return letters, you don't need to send money for postage..people in Poland can afford postage.

        buttonz2001 wrote:

        > No, Sosnowiec is correct spelling.
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sosnowiec
        >
        > What I would like are the addresses of all the Wojtowicz's there so I can send letters. The online white pages only gives phone numbers. And since the US Post Office no longer sells international reply coupons how do I provide postage for any reply letters?
        >

        > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak" <Lkrupnak@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Susan,
        > >
        > > Do you mean Sosnowice?
        > >
        > > What would you like done in Sosnowice?
        > >

        > > ________
        > >
        > > Lavrentiy
        > >

        > > Susan wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Will anyone on the list be visiting Poland in the area of Sosnowiec??
        > > >
        > > > Susan Wojtowicz

      • singmore
        Message 3 of 13 , May 2, 2009
          You will not find the addresses in the Polish phonebooks. The privacy laws are very strict there. And, as somebody already said, you do not need a return postage. Those interested will be happy to pay for the stamp themselves.

          ella

          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2009
            --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "singmore" <singmore@...> wrote:

            > You will not find the addresses in the Polish phonebooks. The privacy laws are very strict there.

            Bummer
          • John Magyari
            Message 5 of 13 , May 5, 2009
              For modern day maps one might use for travel:
              what are the options for maps for
              a) Lemko areas of Poland?
              b) detailed maps for area near Lemko Museum in Zyndranowa ?
              c) detailed maps for area near Vatra in Zydnia?
              d) detailed maps for Jasliska/Lipowiec/Czeremcha areas?

              I noticed there a map by Compass Beskid Niski covering some of the above
              areas.

              If anyone has driven from Zydnia area to to Daliowa/Jasliska/Lipowiec
              area I'd be interested in knowing about what routes you've taken and
              recommend?

              I noticed one route goes West->East goes through Magurski Park, but it's
              hard to tell road condtions,
              and another route North towards Sekowa-> Dominikowice -> Nowy Zmigrod ->
              Dukla -> Dalowia/Jasliska/Lipowiec?

              Does anyone know who might carry the Compass Polish maps or other modern
              day Polish maps in the USA?

              thanks,
              john magyari
              Message 6 of 13 , May 5, 2009
                John,

                PPWK publishes excellent tourist and hiking maps:

                http://www.eurofresh.se/ppwk/index-1.htm

                http://www.ppwk.pl/

                Message 7 of 13 , May 5, 2009
                  http://www.ppwk.pl/produkty.aspx?id=34

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 5, 2009
                    1:100K maps of Lemkovyna area:

                    http://www.lemko.org/maps100/index.html

                    --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak" <Lkrupnak@...> wrote:

                    > http://www.ppwk.pl/produkty.aspx?id=34
                    >

                    > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak" <Lkrupnak@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > John,
                    > >
                    > > PPWK publishes excellent tourist and hiking maps:
                    > >
                    > > http://www.eurofresh.se/ppwk/index-1.htm
                    > >
                    > > http://www.ppwk.pl/
                    > >

                    > > _______
                    > >
                    > > Lavrentiy
                    > >

                    > > John Magyari wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > For modern day maps one might use for travel:
                    > > > what are the options for maps for
                    > > > a) Lemko areas of Poland?
                    > > > b) detailed maps for area near Lemko Museum in Zyndranowa ?
                    > > > c) detailed maps for area near Vatra in Zydnia?
                    > > > d) detailed maps for Jasliska/Lipowiec/Czeremcha areas?
                    > > >
                    > > > I noticed there a map by Compass Beskid Niski covering some of the above
                    > > > areas.
                    > > >
                    > > > If anyone has driven from Zydnia area to to Daliowa/Jasliska/Lipowiec
                    > > > area I'd be interested in knowing about what routes you've taken and
                    > > > recommend?
                    > > >
                    > > > I noticed one route goes West->East goes through Magurski Park, but it's
                    > > > hard to tell road condtions,
                    > > > and another route North towards Sekowa-> Dominikowice -> Nowy Zmigrod ->
                    > > > Dukla -> Dalowia/Jasliska/Lipowiec?
                    > > >
                    > > > Does anyone know who might carry the Compass Polish maps or other modern
                    > > > day Polish maps in the USA?
                    > > >
                    > > > thanks,
                    > > > john magyari

                  • Jim Stamm
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 6, 2009
                      On May 5, 2009, at 8:51 AM, John Magyari wrote:

                      > If anyone has driven from Zydnia area to to Daliowa/Jasliska/Lipowiec
                      > area I'd be interested in knowing about what routes you've taken and
                      > recommend?

                      Other than narrow, all of the roads are in pretty good shape. Several
                      years ago, there were some stretches that were gravel, but they were
                      smooth (and wider) and well graded. Some of those stretches have been
                      paved - maybe all of them by now. The last couple of years have seen
                      a push to improve the roads in Poland, thanks to the EEU.

                      -Jim