Re: Elizabeth

  • Paul Havers
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      People

      Stop picking on the poor girl, she expressed her opinion and that should be
      that. If you all keep nitpicking it only makes the matter worse.

      Paul

      Bohdan Yurkiv writes:

      Sent by webmail@...
      reply to haverp@...
    • mrmc4540@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004

        Paul,

        I agree!! Some of you are dragging this issue out to the nth degree. Its over, forget it, and lets do what we do best on this site. Continue to help one another, and learn from each other. We have some highly intelligent people on this list, lets not waste thier time with such drivel. I'm sure this person will not be the only one to join this list and be unhappy with others in the group.
        I would hope that we won't have to go through all this mumbling again.
        Maryann
        California

        > From: "Paul Havers" <haverp@...>
        > Date: 2004/10/01 Fri AM 09:25:06 GMT
        > To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: Elizabeth

      • Bob Postula
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          Amen!!!!!

          > I agree!! Some of you are dragging this issue out to the nth degree.
          Its over, forget it, and lets do what we do best on this site. Continue to
          help one another, and learn from each other. We have some highly
          intelligent people on this list, lets not waste thier time with such drivel.
          I'm sure this person will not be the only one to join this list and be
          unhappy with others in the group.
          > I would hope that we won't have to go through all this mumbling again.
          > Maryann
          > California
          >

          > > From: "Paul Havers" <haverp@...>
          > > Date: 2004/10/01 Fri AM 09:25:06 GMT
          > > To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
          > > Subject: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: Elizabeth

        • aburock
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 19, 2011
            Hi all -- what would the Lemko version of the name "Elizabeth" be? thanks! Amy
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 23, 2011

              I'm not sure what the Lemko-Rusyn version of Elizabeth is. Below are the Russian and Ukrainian versions. The Rusyn version would be akin to them:

              In transliterated forms:

              Yelizaveta (Russian)

              Yelyzaveta (Ukrainian)

              In the old Greek Catholic parish books of the Lemko area the name will most likely be rendered in Polish form or Latin forms which are Elz~bieta and Elisabeth.

              _________

              Lavrentiy