How to Make Everybody Happy: The Argument Clinic

  • ladyguilford
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2009
      Many of you will recall the famous sketch from Monty Python's Flying
      Circus. For a fee, one can purchase an argument. This is a classic
      from British TV.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjCqjzbvJY
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjCqjzbvJY>

      With this model as inspiration, I propose we set up an Argument Clinic
      within the GPU group, so that those who want an argument (with or
      without abuse) can go straight to it. Much more efficient for those
      whose Delete fingers are exhausted.

      The only thing required of such villagers is that they NOT hook the
      argument to a chain of things that are about genealogy, history,
      geography or whatever is uppermost in the person's mind. Being upfront
      is best.

      Sandra Guilford

      (Our motto: Humour works better than slingshots.)

    • stevezerkis
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2009
        Outstanding idea. Thank you.