Ukrainian Genocide or Class Genocide

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
      Class Genocide Down The Memory Hole
      By Paul Craig Roberts

      Who remembers David Lean’s gripping and beautifully filmed 1965
      screen rendition of Boris Pasternak’s Nobel Prize-winning novel,
      Doctor Zhivago?

      Now, more than a decade after the collapse of the Soviet Union from
      its own irrationality and injustice, it hits with full force that the
      genocide of an entire class of people, the destruction of a culture,
      and the suppression of the best human instincts, was all for nothing.

      Generations of Westerners are likely to grow up uninstructed by this
      greatest of tragedies. How does one get one’s mind around the
      politically-correct murder by communists of tens of millions of
      people for the crime of being members of the wrong class?

      There is no museum to remind us of the holocaust of class genocide -
      or to inform us of the danger of class warfare,

      http://www.vdare.com/roberts/memory_hole.htm
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
        Class Struggle..It's no accident:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_struggle

        http://www.johnlacny.com/2006/09/state_of_the_class_struggle.html

        http://books.google.com/books?isbn=0801472733

        http://books.google.com/books?isbn=0300031203

        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak"

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
          So Bob,

          Tell me in 1932-33 how many Ukrainians resided in the northern
          Caucasuses, lower Volga basin, Kazakhstan, South Urals, and West
          Siberia?

          <Lkrupnak@...> wrote:

          > Class Struggle..It's no accident:
          >

          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_struggle
          >

          > http://www.johnlacny.com/2006/09/state_of_the_class_struggle.html
          >

          > http://books.google.com/books?isbn=0801472733
          >
          > http://books.google.com/books?isbn=0300031203
          >

          > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak"
          > <Lkrupnak@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Class Genocide Down The Memory Hole
          > > By Paul Craig Roberts
          > >

          > > Who remembers David Lean’s gripping and beautifully filmed 1965
          > > screen rendition of Boris Pasternak’s Nobel Prize-winning novel,
          > > Doctor Zhivago?
          > >

          > > Now, more than a decade after the collapse of the Soviet Union
          from
          > > its own irrationality and injustice, it hits with full force that
          > the
          > > genocide of an entire class of people, the destruction of a
          > culture,
          > > and the suppression of the best human instincts, was all for
          > nothing.
          > >
          > > Generations of Westerners are likely to grow up uninstructed by
          > this
          > > greatest of tragedies. How does one get one’s mind around the
          > > politically-correct murder by communists of tens of millions of
          > > people for the crime of being members of the wrong class?
          > >
          > > There is no museum to remind us of the holocaust of class
          genocide -

          > > or to inform us of the danger of class warfare,
          > >

          > > http://www.vdare.com/roberts/memory_hole.htm

        • M
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
            Hello all,

            There is a very interesting documentary on the ABC in Australia at the
            moment, made in Britain by a British or Irish historian, Professor Niall
            Ferguson. The title of the series is: The War of the World: A New History of
            the 20th Century.

            It has gone into depth much of the conflicts in discussion at the moment.
            Its main theme, last episode, discussed the widespread phenomena of the
            transition from absolute monarchy to nation states. Ferguson argues that
            regions that had been dominated by a absolute monarchies in the 19th
            century, but broke down into nation-states in the 20th century, resulted in
            the ethnic minorities, which were forced to live together in 'harmony'
            during the rule of the monarchy, in their new 'freedoms' turned on each
            other. Consequently, the dominant cultural group either drove the minorities
            out, or instigated genocide.

            He examined the break-down of the Ottoman Empire, which led to the Armenian
            genocide and eventually the First World War, as well as the break down of
            the Russian empire, which led to the conflicts in discussion at the moment.
            He argues that the events of post-1917 were a process of the
            extermination/expulsion of non-Russian and non-Ukrainian ethnic communities
            from the Russian and Ukrainian territories, especially Poles. ,

            He also discussed the rise of Hitler following the humiliation of the
            Germans after the First World War, and the German reaction to the Great
            Depression, which again led to the persecution of ethnic minorities who were
            blamed for all German's woes.

            Regards,

            Michael

            _._,___

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
              M wrote:

              > He also discussed the rise of Hitler following the humiliation of
              the
              > Germans after the First World War, and the German reaction to the
              Great
              > Depression, which again led to the persecution of ethnic minorities
              who were
              > blamed for all German's woes.

              Many groups/nations look for scapegoats....somebody to blame for
              their own failures.