Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Ukrainian names to English

  • Mary
    Message 1 of 73 , Nov 1, 2008
      HalGal to the rescue!

      http://www.halgal.com/commonnames.html

      Some of these could be helpful, also.
      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ukrainian+given+names&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

      Regards,
      Mary

      --- On Fri, 10/31/08, Tammy Mierau <tammymierau@...> wrote:

      Happy Halloween everyone!  Just a quick question, rather than asking the 100
      monotonous and mundane translations of Ukrainian first names to English
      equivalents.  Does anyone know of a site which provides the translation of
      Ukrainian first names to the English equivalents?  I'm checking passenger
      lists vs census records and trying to make a positive connection to some of my
      ancestors.

      Message 73 of 73 , Nov 3, 2008
        Tammy...purchase Fred Hoffman's _First Names of the Polish
        Commonwealth: Origins and Meanings_

        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Tammy Mierau