Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: Help with marriage record

  • John Iwasykiw
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
      Thanks for the info, did figure it since I did it when I got married, some time ago.

      Did anyone figure out the military reference to Stephan if this is his unit number or what what could it be in refrence to?else it coould be?

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
        Marriage banns..formal way to find "dirt" on a couple which would
        preclude the couple from being married in the church.

        "Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace!"

        If there be anyone present who may show just and lawful cause why
        this couple may not be legally wed, let him speak now or forever hold
        his peace.

        http://www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com/guide/speaknow.htm

        http://www.themonastery.org/?destination=mTrainDiscourseMarry

        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Roman <romanka@...>
        wrote:

        > John,
        >
        > Did you take the time to find out about banns on your own yet?
        Before

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
          Marriage banns in a Serbian Orthodox Church bulletin:

          http://serbiancathedral.org/Church_Bulletin/PDF/Aug_12_2007.pdf

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 2008
            Example banns of marriage published in Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian
            Orthodox Church (of Wilmington, Delaware) bulletin:

            http://www.sspeterandpauluoc.org/newsletters/2004/Oct10.htm

            --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak"
            <Lkrupnak@...> wrote:

            > Marriage banns in a Serbian Orthodox Church bulletin:
            >
            > http://serbiancathedral.org/Church_Bulletin/PDF/Aug_12_2007.pdf

            > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, John Iwasykiw
            > <john.iwasykiw@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks for the info, did figure it since I did it when I got
            > married, some time ago.
            > >
            > > Did anyone figure out the military reference to Stephan if this
            is
            > his unit number or what what could it be in refrence to?else it
            > coould be?

          • Lisa Gaydosh
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 31, 2008
              Hello,

              I just saw your post about a marriage record.  I have a similar record that I need some help with.  If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you upload the marriage record.  It looked very good.  I have been able to figure out most of the Latin words on the form, but I am hoping to get some assistance with the text.

              Thanks so much.  -Lisa G.