Re: Karzda and Lorenz from Krosnos

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Daryl Ann,

      There is no Krosno there. Why did you ask about Krosno?

      Jadwiga was from Russian Empire...the focus oif this forum is
      Galicia.

      darcikles@... wrote:

      > Yes true, no Krosnos. : )
      >
      > Here it is, she is listed as a widow traveling to Illinois, best I
      can read.

      > First Name:
      >
      > Jadwiga
      >

      > Last Name:
      >
      > Lorenz
      >

      > Ethnicity:
      >
      > Russia, Lithuanian
      >

      > Last Place of Residence:
      >
      > Saciskew, Russia
      >

      > Date of Arrival:
      >
      > Aug 07, 1906
      >

      > Age at Arrival:??18y????Gender:??F????Marital Status:??S??
      >

      > Ship of Travel:
      >
      > Grosser Kurfurst
      >

      > Port of Departure:
      >
      > Bremen
      >

      > Manifest Line Number:
      >
      > 0027

    • Mary
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
        Daryl Ann,

        I did not see the link to the manifest on the post.  If it was for Jadwiga Lorenz, she was 18 years old, single, and a maid servant; no mention of widow.  Going to her brother Jack Lorenz in Glen Carbon, IL, which is in Madison County, IL.  The nationality column shows Russia; the race of people column shows Lithuanian.  Are you sure this is the correct person?  No Karzda listed in Cook County, IL, census, Social Security Death Index, online telephone listings, nor Illinois Archives - did she stay in Chicago?

        Mary