Prochnicki/Procknicki Surname

  • tjkawecki
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
      Hello everyone,

      Does anyone know of where I could find more information regarding the
      following:

      District of Zalischyski, Republic of Poland OR
      Dioces of Stanislawiw, Parish of Liswce.

      I am searching for the parents or siblings of a Peter Prochnicki.
      b. 7 Jun 1891

      Thanks in advance,

      Tara
    • Danuta Janina Wójcik
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
        Witaj Tara,

        There are a few other cities/villages in todays Poland with a similar
        spelling. But I am assuming this is the town you are looking for, if not
        come back to us. The correct spelling would be Prochnicki no "k".

        Zaleszczyki is 24km. from Tovste (Tluste) was part of Poland before the
        border changes. Now in Ukraine in the Ternopilska Oblast
        Liswce may not be a correct spelling - Lisowce

        If you check the Family History Catalogue
        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlc/library_fhlc_main.asp and type
        in Zaleszczyki there are GC and RC Records for the area.

        Ksiegi metrykalne, 1744-1942
        Authors Kosciól rzymsko-katolicki. Parafja Tluste Miasto (Zaleszczyki)
        (Main Author)

        Notes Mikrofilm zrobiony z rekopisów w Archiwum Panstwowe m.st.
        Warszawy; w Archiwum i Biblioteka Kurii Arcybiskupiej Lubaczów (zespól 100);
        i Archiwum Panstwowe Ternopil, Ukraina (zespól 485, 487).
        Zespól 100, akta sprawy 231 -- Zespól 485, seria 1, akta sprawy 24,
        72 -- Zespól 487, seria 1, akta sprawy 244.
        Tekst po latinsku i polsku.
        Roman Catholic parish registers and transcripts (births, marriages,
        deaths) for Tluste Miasto (Zaleszczyki), Galizien, Austria; later Tluste
        (Zaleszczyki), Tarnopol, Poland; later Tovste (Zalishchyky), Ternopil,
        Ukraine. Also known as Tolstoye. Includes towns: Szypowce, Holowczynce,
        Lisowce, Swidowa, Antonów, Rozanówka, Angelowka, etc. Text in Latin and
        Polish.

        Subjects Austria, Galizien, Tluste Miasto (Zaleszczyki) - Church
        records
        Poland, Tarnopol, Tluste Miasto (Zaleszczyki) - Church records
        Ukraine, Ternopil', Zalishchyky, Tovste - Church records

        Format Manuscript (On Film)
        Language Latin
        Polish
        Publication Salt Lake City, Utah : Mikrofilmowalo The Genealogical
        Society of Utah, 1971-1998
        Physical na 8 rolkach mikrofilmu ; 35 mm.

        Photos of Zaleszczyki

        http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Suchostaw/sl_zaleszczyki_postcard_photos.htm

        Pozdrawiam,
        Danuta

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2008
          It's Lisowce. There was a Latin Rite Roman Catholic church there and a
          Greek Rite Roman Catholic church there.

          Ukrainian name of village is Lysivtsi.