Hruscka & Kusha

  • SHieber@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2008
      In a message dated 8/3/2008 10:34:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, SHieber
      writes:

      My imigrants on the Hamburg List (1879) .show their name as HRUSCKA.
      They purchased land in central Minnesota 6 weeks after landing In NYC as
      HRUSCKA,and it is still on the books that way. The land was passed down to the
      olderst sonS.

      Prior to their arrival there was a family KUSA in the area but they seem to
      have dissappeared in 1900
      Have wondered if they were related and they were why my people came to that
      area in Minnesota.
      Would another family with the HRUSCKA have used this spelling in the US and
      then changed it again.

      My US people's and other US records show the name as KUSHA.
      Am I to assume both spelling mean the same thing?

      I can see there are other KUSHA people in later census, other states and
      contact with them has not been
      successful.

      Your comments will be appreciated.

      Love reading the discussions on this list. Thanks

      Sue
      shieber@...

      Read reviews on AOL Autos.