Stolen Identity...Criminal Record

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      About five years a couple of a*s hole(s) stole my identity..a*sholes in
      Bronx, NY and in NJ. The a-holes purchased items with my credit card.

      I was able to clear up my three credit reports, but was surprised
      recently when I checked some of the Internet services that
      sell "criminal records" searches. My name appears in those databases
      due to the a*s-hole's activity.

      How do you clear up the false information that appears in the
      various "criminal records" databases? Somebody once said after
      clearing his name after being falsely accused..."how do I get my good
      record back?"

      I'm steamed. People out there search those "criminal record" databases
      and if your name appears in there, and there is a good chance your name
      will be there due to the high frequency of stolen identity, people will
      *assume* that if your name is in a criminal records database that you
      do have a criminal record.

    • Dolores Konopa
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2008
        If you check the following website: www.irs.gov and in the upper right hand search box input identity theft, it will give you the steps you need to take.