Fw: “The Singing Revolution” – I n over 60 cities and more to com e!

  • Danuta Janina Wójcik
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2008
      Untitled document
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: maureen@...
      To: sandlily@...
      Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 3:11 PM
      Subject: “The Singing Revolution” – In over 60 cities and more to come!

      Dear Friends,

      IT'S WORKING! Thank you for continuing to spread the word about The Singing Revolution. The film has been embraced in over 60 cities in the U.S. and Canada so far, with more theaters coming soon. Last fall we thought the theatrical run might go through April or May, but the film is still being booked into August! Theaters are seeing the fantastic, steady results in each city we’ve opened in so far, and are now contacting us to book the film. Word of mouth is how it’s happening, but the power of this remarkable story is why it’s happening. Please help us keep the momentum going.

      We're also excited that the film will be playing in Riga, Latvia in June & July. Full European distribution is in the works and will follow the North American theatrcial run.

      Below are the latest theaters the film is opening in, and more are being booked each week… Details are available on the website: www.singingrevolution.com. And please continue to get your friends to sign up on our website. That’s the best way to hear about the new theater openings, and also to hear about the DVD release when it comes out after the theatrical run is complete….

      NOW CURRENTLY PLAYING IN:

      Abbotsford, BC Canada (now playing)
      Baltimore, MD (now playing)
      Cary, NC (now playing)
      Ocean, NJ (now playing)
      Santa Fe, NM (now playing)
      Victoria, BC Canada (now playing, again!)

      OPENING SOON IN:

      Atlanta, GA (opens 6/20-6/26)
      Austin, TX (opens 6/27-7/3)
      Bellingham, WA (opens 6/13-6/19)
      Boston (Cambridge), MA (opens 6/6-6/12)
      Calgary, AB Canada (opens 6/20-6/26)
      Cape May, NJ (opens 6/20-6/26)
      Cincinnati (Southgate, KY), OH (playing 6/24-6/26)
      Dallas, TX (opens 6/13-6/19)
      Edmonton, AB Canada (opens 6/20-6/26)
      Hartford, CT (opens 6/11-6/17)
      Houston, TX (opens 6/13-6/19)
      Hudson, NY (playing 6/5-6/8)
      Las Vegas, NV (opens 7/18-7/24)
      Minneapolis, MN (opens 6/27-7/3)
      Mt. Vernon, WA (opens 7/18-7/22)
      Newport, RI (playing 6/10-6/12)
      Ottawa, ON Canada (opens 7/11-7/14)
      Overland Park (Kansas City), KS (opens 8/1-8/7)
      Palm Desert, CA (opens 6/27-7/3)
      Pittsfield, MA (plays 7/17)
      Riga, Latvia (opens 6/14-7/4)
      Sacramento, CA (opens 7/18-7/24)
      Sag Harbor, NY (opens 6/27-7/3)
      St. Louis (Frontenac), MO (opens 6/6-6/12)
      San Diego, CA (opens 7/11-7/17)
      Vancouver, BC Canada (opens again 6/6-6/12)
      Waterloo, ON Canada (7/18-7/22)
      Waterville, ME (opens 6/20-6/26)
      Williamstown, MA (plays 7/7)
      Winnipeg, MB Canada (opens 6/13-6/19)

      Thank you for helping us share this uplifting story of peace & freedom.

      Maureen and James Tusty
      Producers/Directors of The Singing Revolution
      www.singingrevolution.com

      PS – It’s proving physically impossible to keep up with the volume of emails we receive regarding the film. Please know that each email is read, and timely or urgent ones are responded to as quickly as possible. Ultimately we are trying to respond to all, but there are hundreds backed up and we’re trying to come up with a system to better handle it. When someone writes a personal note about what the film meant to them, or how their grandfather died in a Soviet gulag and now they understand so much more of his life, it just doesn’t seem right to hand that off to an intern to reply to it. Please know that we’re doing our best to keep up with it.
      m & j