Re: 1910 census

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2008

      Why can't the 1910 census record be found via Anacesrtry.com?

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Chris Smolinski
      <csmolinski@...> wrote:

      > I can't speak for Mary, but in my case, I found
      > the image on Heritage Quest, and sent it to Ann.
      >
      > >Mary, what did you do or what service do you have to access the
      > >Ancestry.com image that Ann was not able to access?
      > >

      > >_______
      > >
      > >Lavrntiy
      > >

      > >--- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Mary
      > ><siemionresearcher@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Page sent to your email.
      > >>
      > >> Mary

    • Chris Smolinski
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2008
        When you go to that particular page, nothing comes up, other than a
        message about a blank page. Other pages for that town appear ok. So
        the page is missing/misfiled in Ancestry's database. Note that only
        the scanned image is missing, if you look at the summary page (the
        transcription of the residents' names and ages), that appears fine.

        --

        ---
        Chris Smolinski
        Black Cat Systems
        http://www.blackcatsystems.com
      • Ann Poslosky
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2008
          Chris and Lavrentiy,

          In the course of using Ancestry before I have found quite a few errors of this type; I sent comments to Ancestry, but it falls on deaf ears; no one seems to want to fix those errors. For another type of error on WWII draft registration cards, who ever transcribed them made a scanning error for the states of Md., Pa., Vt, and Delaware. It was actually the national archives who made this error; the back of one persons draft card appears on the same image as the front of the next person. So, the front is correct, but the back is for another individual. I have never been able to figure out the second page of my father's draft card...the one which asks if the person served in the Army in their home country. If anyone knows more about this, I sure would be interested. Errors are abundant in Ancestry, in my opinion. But, I am not as savy about this stuff as many on the lists.
          Ann

          Chris Smolinski <csmolinski@...> wrote: When you go to that particular page, nothing comes up, other than a

          --

          ---

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
            Thanks Chris...I now understand why Ann Poslosky posted the request
            for help. Looks like Ancestry has the same problem that Ellis Island
            often has ..missing images.

            <csmolinski@...> wrote:

            > When you go to that particular page, nothing comes up, other than a
            > message about a blank page. Other pages for that town appear ok. So
            > the page is missing/misfiled in Ancestry's database. Note that
            only
            > the scanned image is missing, if you look at the summary page (the
            > transcription of the residents' names and ages), that appears fine.
            >

            > >/
            > >.
            > >

            > >Why can't the 1910 census record be found via Ancesrtry.com?> >
            > >______
            > >
            > >Lavrentiy
            > >

            > >--- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Chris Smolinski
            > ><csmolinski@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> I can't speak for Mary, but in my case, I found
            > >> the image on Heritage Quest, and sent it to Ann.

          • Cathy Hoffman
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
              Mary, this is an awesome resource and free. Thanks from all of us.

              Your the best,

              Kaytee

              <siemionresearcher@...> wrote:

              > Lavrentiy,
              >
              > I access Heritage Quest free through my public library. Recently,
              a free access link to Heritage Quest was published on another mailing
              list: