Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Baltimore Ship

  • JOHN AND GLORIA
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
      I have sailed aboard the Batory out of Montreal. Might have some pictures
      I was not following this thread. Can I be of help?
      John Laporte
      Beausejour, MB
      ps Yes it did sail between Gdansk and Montreal as a scheduled lliner and I
      know people who came across on it

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
        Hello John,

        The Batory wasn't around in 1911-1913, the time period given by
        Catherine as the time when her ancestors were on a passenger ship called
        "Battorie" and it disembarked passengers at the Port of Baltimore.

        ____

        Lavrentiy

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
          Whoops sorry. Guilty of not reading close enough.
          I was on the Batory in the 60s which I saw someone on the list writing on.
          John L
          > The Batory wasn't around in 1911-1913, the time period given by
          > Catherine as the time when her ancestors were on a passenger ship called
          > "Battorie" and it disembarked passengers at the Port of Baltimore.
          >
          > ____
          >
          > Lavrentiy
          >

          > JOHN AND GLORIA wrote:
          >>
          >> I have sailed aboard the Batory out of Montreal. Might have some pictures
          >> I was not following this thread. Can I be of help?
          >> John Laporte
          >> Beausejour, MB
          >> ps Yes it did sail between Gdansk and Montreal as a scheduled lliner and
          >> know people who came across on it

        • Frederick Kobylarz
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
            And then there is a ship named BATHORI , Port of registry : Fiume. Flag
            : Austro-Hungarian built in 1892 but there are no known transatlantic
            trips. I suspect this one was used mainly in the Mediterranean.
            See http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/amalfi/13/shipb.htm and
            scroll down . Incidentally the ships named Batory or Stefan Batory are
            listed on this website,
            http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/amalfi/13/ships.htm. Another site
            to search for ships is: http://www.cimorelli.com/magellan/
            Fred

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
              Frederick Kobylarz wrote:

              > And then there is a ship named BATHORI , Port of registry : Fiume. Flag
              > : Austro-Hungarian built in 1892 but there are no known transatlantic
              > trips. I suspect this one was used mainly in the Mediterranean.

              *****

              The Bathori:

              http://www.oulton.org/cwa/newsships.nsf/0/90c585dedc62346985256d6a001115d6?OpenDocument

              http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/descriptions/ShipsB.html

            • cgwedge@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 2, 2004
                Hey, all of you who so generouslly responded to my question,
                A great big THANK YOU!!! I will follow up on your leads and let you all know
                how it turned out. I may even get up the nerve to bother my Uncle Simeon over
                the Labor Day weekend and ask him to turn his household upside down looking
                for the papers. (PS He is a really nice guy and I don't hink he'll be too upset
                with me.)
                God Bless,
                Catherine