Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEG

  • Fred Hoffman
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi,

      Lorraine Moore <lmoor68@...> wrote:

      > I know that getting someone to do newsletters,
      > or any other
      > publications are most difficult. I cannot tell
      > you how many times it
      > took me to finally get someone to do our little
      > genealogy newsletter
      > for our SIG (Special Interest Group) of the
      > Cajun Clickers Computer Club.

      I'm glad you know from experience how tough it is.
      Most genealogical societies rely primarily on
      volunteers; they can't afford to hire
      professionals. And with volunteers, you have to
      take what you can get. I edit four periodicals;
      none of them has a big enough budget to pay
      authors for material. We have to rely totally on
      material submitted by volunteers, or anything I
      can dig up. I do a lot of begging: if someone is
      late sending me a promised article, I pretty much
      have to smile and say "Send it as soon as you can,
      pretty please."

      As I said, EEGS fell behind on their journal. No
      one was to blame. There just wasn't enough
      material available, and no one had the time to dig
      up acceptable material (EEG has very high
      standards). We're making a serious effort to catch
      up, and I think we are getting there.

      Also, if memory serves, there was recent turn-over
      in the position of Membership Chairman. That makes
      it harder to catch every little thing that has to
      be taken care of. That's why the Society begs
      anyone with questions or complaints to let them
      know (info@...). They can't fix your
      problem if they don't know you're having one. From
      what I've seen, they really do want to take good
      care of their members.

      In my experience, a society really needs to have
      two or three thousand members before it has a
      large enough pool of talent to draw on to do
      everything that needs to be done. I don't know
      what EEGS's membership totals, but I don't think
      it's that high. PGSA has about 2,000 members, and
      it's significant that I can usually rely on member
      submissions to fill _Rodziny_ with decent
      material.

      I definitely understand people getting upset if a
      journal or newsletter is a year or two late. But
      sometimes I get notes from some jerk bellowing
      "We're already a week into Winter 2007, and I
      haven't yet received the Fall 2007 issue. I demand
      that you provide my newsletter immediately, in
      addition to horsewhipping the editor and staff."
      I'm always tempted to reply, "What's your problem?
      Do you have a genealogical emergency? Are you
      afraid your ancestors aren't gonna stay dead? What
      the hell difference does it make if your
      newsletter comes a few weeks late, as long as you
      get the issues you paid for?"

      But I don't say that; it would be rude. That
      doesn't mean I don't occasionally mutter things to
      myself ;-)

      Fred
    • Lorraine Moore
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 1, 2008
        At 01:27 PM 1/1/2008, you wrote:
        >Witaj, Lavrentiy,
        >
        >Witam,
        >
        >EEG would benefit by revamping their wedbsite. Where members can
        >have a password and choice to receive any type of notification by
        >e-mail if they choose

        I agree wholeheartedly -- mine expired in 1999 which I will be
        renewing this weekend, but it certainly would help some
        members (like me) who have not kept up with their membership expiration date.

        Lorraine

      • Lorraine Moore
        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 1, 2008
          At 01:35 PM 1/1/2008, you wrote:
          >Witaj, Lorraine,
          >
          >Winnipeg is the Mosquitoe Capital of Canada. Ha! Ha!! Look here:
          >
          >http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Manitoba/mosquito_capital_of_canada.htm

          My goodness -- I did not know that some of ours emigrated to
          Canada. We get those a lot -- that size and smaller.

          Temp will be down to 29 tonight and 26 tomorrow night -- someone
          wondered if that would kill the mosquitoes!!! NO -- they have lived
          through down to 16 for several days.

          TTFN---Lorraine

        • Angela Birt
          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 1, 2008
            Hey, I know where that is! My part of the world.. I grew up only 6 miles east of here but, saw the big mosquito statue every weekend because it is located behind my late grandparents home, in Komarno, Mb. which is a very small hamlet.

            More tidbits about Komarno is that many descendents of first wave of original Ukrainian pioneers, still live on the original homesteads. The community club is still very active with keeping Ukrainian traditions alive, and almost every weekend in the fall and winter there is a dinner and dance. (My mom's car knows the way on it's own. ) They also have Perogy Fest in November, and always have a Ukrainian New Year�s Eve Supper and Dance (�Malanka�) in January.
            So if you like to dance and have a good meal this is the place for it.

            Anyhow, Just wanted to brag

            Happy New Year to all

            Angela

            To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: sandlily@...: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 13:35:42 -0600Subject: Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEG

            Witaj, Lorraine,Winnipeg is the Mosquitoe Capital of Canada. Ha! Ha!! Look here:http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Manitoba/mosquito_capital_of_canada.htmPozdrawiam,Danuta - Winnipeg - Canada----- Original Message ----- From: Lorraine Moore To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 1:27 PMSubject: Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEGAt 12:21 PM 1/1/2008, you wrote:>Witam, Lavrentiy and Lorraine,>>If you are speaking of the European Eastern Geneology Society (EEG) >here in our Mosquitoe Capital - Winnipeg. It is not >defunct. Presentations are ongoing, but the newsletters are not, >as Fred mentioned..And here I thought that Baton Rouge especially and Louisiana the Mosquito Capital. <g>I know that getting someone to do newsletters, or any other publications are most difficult. I cannot tell you how many times it took me to finally get someone to do our little genealogy newsletter for our SIG (Special Interest Group) of the Cajun Clickers Computer Club.Lorraine [Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
              In the US we call them "Canadian Soldiers".

              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                Lorraine Moore wrote:

                > At 01:27 PM 1/1/2008, you wrote:
                > >Witaj, Lavrentiy,
                > >
                > >Witam,
                > >
                > >EEG would benefit by revamping their wedbsite. Where members can
                > >have a password and choice to receive any type of notification by
                > >e-mail if they choose
                >
                > I agree wholeheartedly -- mine expired in 1999 which I will be
                > renewing this weekend, but it certainly would help some
                > members (like me) who have not kept up with their membership
                expiration date.

                > Lorraine

                *******

                Lorraine,

                You owe them about 8 years dues! For US subscribers that will be
                mucho bucks.

                ______

                Lavrentyi
                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                  Did you watch the NY Yankee-Cleveland Indians game in Cleveland in
                  October? Canadian Soldiers (bugs) affected the game in a significant
                  way. Yanks lost the game and the series.

                  Lorraine Moore <lmoor68@...> wrote:

                  > At 01:35 PM 1/1/2008, you wrote:
                  > >Witaj, Lorraine,
                  > >
                  > >Winnipeg is the Mosquitoe Capital of Canada. Ha! Ha!! Look here:
                  > >

                  >http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Manitoba/mosquito_capital_of_canada.
                  htm

                  > My goodness -- I did not know that some of ours emigrated to
                  > Canada. We get those a lot -- that size and smaller.
                  >
                  > Temp will be down to 29 tonight and 26 tomorrow night -- someone
                  > wondered if that would kill the mosquitoes!!! NO -- they have
                  lived
                  > through down to 16 for several days.
                  >
                  > TTFN---Lorraine

                • Danuta Janina Wójcik
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                    Witaj, Lavrentiy,

                    Big Joe - Yeh!! Yeh!! Was not affected at all.

                    Pozdrawiam,
                    Danuta

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                      Danuta wrote:

                      > Witaj, Lavrentiy,
                      >
                      > Big Joe - Yeh!! Yeh!! Was not affected at all.

                      It was downright unfair for Cleveland to invite "Canadian Soldiers"
                      to the US to help them!:

                      http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/3283

                      NY would never sink that low.

                      > Pozdrawiam,
                      > Danuta

                    • Danuta Janina Wójcik
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                        Witaj, Lavrentiy,

                        They will be back!! Ha! Ha!

                        Pozdrawiam,
                        Danuta
                        > Big Joe - Yeh!! Yeh!! Was not affected at all.

                        It was downright unfair for Cleveland to invite "Canadian Soldiers"
                        to the US to help them!:

                        http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/3283

                        NY would never sink that low.

                        > Pozdrawiam,
                        > Danuta

                      • Lorraine Moore
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                          At 11:36 AM 1/2/2008, you wrote:

                          >Lorraine,
                          >
                          > You owe them about 8 years dues! For US subscribers that will be
                          >mucho bucks.

                          Oh no -- email said I could do 2007 and if I wanted to could 2008 all
                          in one check. If I look at some of the missing publications and
                          think I may want to order them, I can do so.

                          Right now, I am hoping for some clues for finding my father's family
                          in the Czech Republic. Of course, he was born in what once was
                          Bohemia so there is no telling IF I will ever find anything.

                          TTFN---Lorraine

                          Message 12 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                            Lorraine,

                            OK...you don't want all the issues distributed during 2000 - 2006.

                            Czech research...I have found the Rootsweb Czech and German
                            Bohemian list services have good people and references:

                            http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/CZE/CZECH.html

                            http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/CZE/GERMAN-BOHEMIAN.html

                            Lorraine Moore wrote:

                            > At 11:36 AM 1/2/2008, you wrote:
                            >

                            > >Lorraine,
                            > >
                            > > You owe them about 8 years dues! For US subscribers that will
                            be
                            > >mucho bucks.
                            >
                            > Oh no -- email said I could do 2007 and if I wanted to could 2008
                            all
                            > in one check. If I look at some of the missing publications and
                            > think I may want to order them, I can do so.
                            >
                            > Right now, I am hoping for some clues for finding my father's
                            family
                            > in the Czech Republic. Of course, he was born in what once was
                            > Bohemia so there is no telling IF I will ever find anything.
                            >
                            > TTFN---Lorraine
                          • Lorraine Moore
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                              At 03:20 PM 1/2/2008, you wrote:

                              >Lorraine,
                              >
                              > OK...you don't want all the issues distributed during 2000 - 2006.

                              Not unless there was something there to help me find my father's
                              birthplace and his family.....and, hopefully, I will see an index
                              that may give me that information.

                              > Czech research...I have found the Rootsweb Czech and German
                              >Bohemian list services have good people and references:
                              >

                              >http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/CZE/CZECH.html
                              >
                              >http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/CZE/GERMAN-BOHEMIAN.html

                              Thanks much Lavrentiy, I belong to several Czech and Bohemian mail
                              lists and will see if any of the above are some I am not subscribed
                              to. I need to do another search on the LDS Family History Library
                              to see what else I might find to order some microfilm.

                              Again, thanks a bunch,

                              Lorraine

                            • Lorraine Moore
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jan 2, 2008
                                At 03:20 PM 1/2/2008, you wrote:

                                >http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/CZE/CZECH.html

                                Checked this one -- and I am a member.

                                >http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/CZE/GERMAN-BOHEMIAN.html

                                Also checked this one, and joined the list.

                                Thanks much Lavrentiy!

                                TTFN---Lorraine

                              • B. Tuz
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jan 3, 2008
                                  Hi Danuta,

                                  Can you tell me if any genealogy society in Manitoba has ever worked on a project to list Rusyn/Lemko immigrants who came to Winnipeg around 1927? My grandfather and others from his village Wolowiec came to Winnipeg to "clear the bush" for the CN. I believe most of them did this work and then settled in Toronto. They sent for their wives and families 5 years later after they saved enough money.
                                  Cheers
                                  Barbara Tuz

                                • Angela Birt
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jan 3, 2008
                                    Hi Barbara

                                    I don't know of any society in Manitoba that has any published information
                                    on any immigrants that came to Winnipeg to work for the Canadian National
                                    Railroad.
                                    I havn't found anything directly related to where CN or CPR (Canadian Pacific Railroad)
                                    hired immigrants to work for the railroad, or were sponsored by the railroad, this
                                    was more then likely left only for english immigrants. Possibly, your relatives knew that it was
                                    always a possible to get work on the railway as a laborer.

                                    Many of the Polish and Ukrainian immigrants were encouraged to came to Canada by CPR as more land was
                                    needed to be cleared for homesteads. That's why most of the immigrants were farmers. Once, in Canada immigrants had
                                    obtained employment with the CPR for many years. Their duties were to scrape and level the land, in order to
                                    lay the wooden ties and then place the steel tracks down. but, once all the railways were completed
                                    there wasn't much work for the gangs.

                                    Here is a link to a very interesting book http://www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id=3761929
                                    by Anna Reczynska For bread and better future: emigration from Poland to Canada 1918-1939
                                    I wish I had more time tonight, but I did find some information about the railway in this book encouraging farmers.

                                    Angela

                                    To: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: tuzb@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:33:56 -0500Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEG

                                    Hi Danuta,Can you tell me if any genealogy society in Manitoba has ever worked on a project to list Rusyn/Lemko immigrants who came to Winnipeg around 1927? My grandfather and others from his village Wolowiec came to Winnipeg to "clear the bush" for the CN. I believe most of them did this work and then settled in Toronto. They sent for their wives and families 5 years later after they saved enough money.Cheers Barbara Tuz__________________________________________________________Read what Santa`s been up to! For all the latest, visit asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com!http://asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                  • Styrna
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jan 3, 2008
                                      Angela sorry this article in the link below is in Polish and mentions numerous immigrations, perhaps someone could translate;
                                      http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:Dh9Evv5RilQJ:www.olszowka.most.org.pl/rusi02.htm+ukraincy+imigracja+do+winnipeg&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=pl

                                      I also know a lady whose father worked on the railway. I shall ask if she can remember any details about her parents immigration from Ukraina. She is elderly 80+ and has a bit of dementia so it might be slow going. She did tell me that she was able to travel around Canada on her fathers rail pass.And her favourite food are still perohy/pierogies.
                                      pozdrawiam Krystyna

                                      To: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: tuzb@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:33:56 -0500Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEG

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jan 4, 2008
                                        Hi Angela,

                                        I'm pretty sure my grandfather's immigration to Canada in 1928 was sponsored/paid for by CP/CN . I think he had to work as a labourer for them to pay off his passage. I'll need to check his landing papers again.

                                        Thanks
                                        Barbara

                                        To: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: apt_birt@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:18:58 -0600Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEG

                                        Hi BarbaraI don't know of any society in Manitoba that has any published informationon any immigrants that came to Winnipeg to work for the Canadian NationalRailroad. I havn't found anything directly related to where CN or CPR (Canadian Pacific Railroad) hired immigrants to work for the railroad, or were sponsored by the railroad, this was more then likely left only for english immigrants. Possibly, your relatives knew that it wasalways a possible to get work on the railway as a laborer. Many of the Polish and Ukrainian immigrants were encouraged to came to Canada by CPR as more land wasneeded to be cleared for homesteads. That's why most of the immigrants were farmers. Once, in Canada immigrants hadobtained employment with the CPR for many years. Their duties were to scrape and level the land, in order to lay the wooden ties and then place the steel tracks down. but, once all the railways were completedthere wasn't much work for the gangs.Here is a link to a very interesting book http://www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id=3761929by Anna Reczynska For bread and better future: emigration from Poland to Canada 1918-1939I wish I had more time tonight, but I did find some information about the railway in this book encouraging farmers. AngelaTo: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: tuzb@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:33:56 -0500Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEGHi Danuta,Can you tell me if any genealogy society in Manitoba has ever worked on a project to list Rusyn/Lemko immigrants who came to Winnipeg around 1927? My grandfather and others from his village Wolowiec came to Winnipeg to "clear the bush" for the CN. I believe most of them did this work and then settled in Toronto. They sent for their wives and families 5 years later after they saved enough money.Cheers Barbara Tuz__________________________________________________________Read what Santa`s been up to! For all the latest, visit asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com!http://asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                      • Angela Birt
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jan 4, 2008
                                          Hello Barb

                                          That's very possible. Never heard of yet though.
                                          Do you have their passenger lists ? It may say on their passenger lists, that they were sponsored by CN .

                                          I know my great grandfather was also employed as a laborer, but the years
                                          were prior to 1926 ( 1898 to 1920 maybe) I have tried to get a list of employees
                                          in regards to CPR but, was told ( on another forum ) no lists were ever kept.

                                          I will keep looking also.

                                          Angela

                                          To: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: tuzb@...: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:30:01 -0500Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine]CN/CP in Winnipeg

                                          Hi Angela,I'm pretty sure my grandfather's immigration to Canada in 1928 was sponsored/paid for by CP/CN . I think he had to work as a labourer for them to pay off his passage. I'll need to check his landing papers again.ThanksBarbaraTo: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: apt_birt@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:18:58 -0600Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEGHi BarbaraI don't know of any society in Manitoba that has any published informationon any immigrants that came to Winnipeg to work for the Canadian NationalRailroad. I havn't found anything directly related to where CN or CPR (Canadian Pacific Railroad) hired immigrants to work for the railroad, or were sponsored by the railroad, this was more then likely left only for english immigrants. Possibly, your relatives knew that it wasalways a possible to get work on the railway as a laborer. Many of the Polish and Ukrainian immigrants were encouraged to came to Canada by CPR as more land wasneeded to be cleared for homesteads. That's why most of the immigrants were farmers. Once, in Canada immigrants hadobtained employment with the CPR for many years. Their duties were to scrape and level the land, in order to lay the wooden ties and then place the steel tracks down. but, once all the railways were completedthere wasn't much work for the gangs.Here is a link to a very interesting book http://www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id=3761929by Anna Reczynska For bread and better future: emigration from Poland to Canada 1918-1939I wish I had more time tonight, but I did find some information about the railway in this book encouraging farmers. AngelaTo: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: tuzb@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:33:56 -0500Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEGHi Danuta,Can you tell me if any genealogy society in Manitoba has ever worked on a project to list Rusyn/Lemko immigrants who came to Winnipeg around 1927? My grandfather and others from his village Wolowiec came to Winnipeg to "clear the bush" for the CN. I believe most of them did this work and then settled in Toronto. They sent for their wives and families 5 years later after they saved enough money.Cheers Barbara Tuz__________________________________________________________Read what Santa`s been up to! For all the latest, visit asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com!http://asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                        • Angela Birt
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jan 4, 2008
                                            Hi Barb

                                            I did find something in this book
                                            A History of the Austrian Migration to Canada
                                            By Engelmann, Frederick C., 1921

                                            http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ha4zg

                                            Two years later, the Canadian government came to an agreement with the Canadian Pacific and the Canadian National Railways that gave them the right to bring in and find position for " agricultural and female domestic classes, including wives and children, whether the head of the family is accompanying or is settled in Canada, " from certain countries, including Austria.

                                            I learned something new today
                                            Have a great weekend
                                            Angela

                                            To: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: apt_birt@...: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:54:05 -0600Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine]CN/CP in Winnipeg

                                            Hello BarbThat's very possible. Never heard of yet though. Do you have their passenger lists ? It may say on their passenger lists, that they were sponsored by CN .I know my great grandfather was also employed as a laborer, but the yearswere prior to 1926 ( 1898 to 1920 maybe) I have tried to get a list of employeesin regards to CPR but, was told ( on another forum ) no lists were ever kept.I will keep looking also. AngelaTo: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: tuzb@...: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:30:01 -0500Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine]CN/CP in WinnipegHi Angela,I'm pretty sure my grandfather's immigration to Canada in 1928 was sponsored/paid for by CP/CN . I think he had to work as a labourer for them to pay off his passage. I'll need to check his landing papers again.ThanksBarbaraTo: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: apt_birt@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:18:58 -0600Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEGHi BarbaraI don't know of any society in Manitoba that has any published informationon any immigrants that came to Winnipeg to work for the Canadian NationalRailroad. I havn't found anything directly related to where CN or CPR (Canadian Pacific Railroad) hired immigrants to work for the railroad, or were sponsored by the railroad, this was more then likely left only for english immigrants. Possibly, your relatives knew that it wasalways a possible to get work on the railway as a laborer. Many of the Polish and Ukrainian immigrants were encouraged to came to Canada by CPR as more land wasneeded to be cleared for homesteads. That's why most of the immigrants were farmers. Once, in Canada immigrants hadobtained employment with the CPR for many years. Their duties were to scrape and level the land, in order to lay the wooden ties and then place the steel tracks down. but, once all the railways were completedthere wasn't much work for the gangs.Here is a link to a very interesting book http://www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id=3761929by Anna Reczynska For bread and better future: emigration from Poland to Canada 1918-1939I wish I had more time tonight, but I did find some information about the railway in this book encouraging farmers. AngelaTo: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: tuzb@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:33:56 -0500Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] EEGHi Danuta,Can you tell me if any genealogy society in Manitoba has ever worked on a project to list Rusyn/Lemko immigrants who came to Winnipeg around 1927? My grandfather and others from his village Wolowiec came to Winnipeg to "clear the bush" for the CN. I believe most of them did this work and then settled in Toronto. They sent for their wives and families 5 years later after they saved enough money.Cheers Barbara Tuz__________________________________________________________Read what Santa`s been up to! For all the latest, visit asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com!http://asksantaclaus.spaces.live.com/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                          • Styrna
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jan 5, 2008
                                              Helo Barb;
                                              Krystyna from Toronto here
                                              I have checked with one of the ladies I know whos' parents are Ukraincy from Ukraina and from Winnipeg. She is 80+ years old. She told me today for certain that her parents immigrated to Winnipeg from Ukraina on a CN not CP contract. She is going to ask her brother to look on the back of the photo of their parents to determine the year. All of her sibblings were born in Canada. Her father followed the rail construction till completion. I am sure I have perked her interest and she will ask a lot more questions about her ancestors.
                                              pozdrawiam Krystyna

                                              To: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.comFrom: apt_birt@...: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:54:05 -0600Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine]CN/CP in Winnipeg