Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re:Pomoriany ... (Michalicki? Bohutyn?)

  • Danuta Janina Wójcik
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
      Witaj, Shane,

      Bohutyn is in Poland and it is 1 hour away from Lublin, Poland.

      Pozdrawiam
      Danuta

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
        Hello Danuta,

        There is also a Bohutyn located north of Pomoriany (Pomorzany).

        Danuta wrote:

        > Witaj, Shane,
        >
        > Bohutyn is in Poland and it is 1 hour away from Lublin, Poland.
        >
        > Pozdrawiam
        > Danuta

        Bohutyn?)

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
          Shayne,

          Regarding Słownik Geograficzny use:

          http://tinyurl.com/24pw5h

          --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak"
          <Lkrupnak@...> wrote:

          > Hello Shayne,
          >
          > On that map collection, I believe that the font indicates that
          > the identified place is an estate. There is a small rectangular
          boxed
          > area north of the place name. I'll check the map legend.
          Michalicki
          > is not on the 1:100,000 CCCP maps.
          >
          > Also check the Slownik...it should have something about
          > Michalicki.

          > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Shayne Mitchell"
          > <samitche@> wrote:
          > >
          > > My grandfather (Victor Michalicki) was from Bohutyn which is
          about
          > 2 miles north of Pomoriany. He and several
          > bothers/sisters/cousins/in-laws from that area came to America
          > between 1900 and WW1. Some of the other family names include
          > Terlecki, Lirkmanowska, Szafranski, Dro(z or x?)dowska, While I
          don't
          > have any of the info you seek I can inquire with cousins to see
          what
          > they might have. Unfortunately this is likely to take some time.
          > >
          > > I would be greatly interested to find out if you, or anyone else,
          > knows anything about Mickalicki's or any of the other names listed
          > above, or about Bohutyn. Additionally, there is a "Mickalicki"
          > depicted on the Austrian military maps about a mile north of
          > Pomoriany ( http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/200e/43-50.jpg
          > lower left corner of map, about 49 deg 40 min/ 42 deg 37 min). The
          > post-WW2 topo maps don't show it and I have never been able to find
          > any reference to "Michalicki" as a place name other than the
          Austrian
          > map. I wonder if anybody might know something about this
          location.
          > If not a place name then why would the name appear on a map?
          > >
          > > Please post a message or contact me at samitche@ if you have any
          > info. If/when I am successful in finding the info you are seeking
          > I'll let you know. Thanks.

        • knor_gliwice
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28 12:00 AM
            Good afternoon.
            My mother comes from a family Michalickich. Was born in Bohutunie in 1910.
            In this family was Michalicki Theodore, Gregory, Adam, Victor, Anna, Francis
            My great grandparents are Theodore and Caroline Michalicka I¿ycka from home.
            Perhaps that you are looking for. I give you the link
            http://wikimapia.org/ # lang = en & lat = 49.670850 & lon = 24.914932 & z = 13 & m = b
            the place you're looking for?
            My of the mailing address teresa@...
            I hope I helped you.