Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] NEUWIRTH from Austria-Galicien

  • Danuta Janina Wójcik
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2007
      Witaj, Jeffrey,

      You can also subscribe to polandbordersurnames http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/POL/PolandBorderSurnames.html it s geared to genealogy research.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: jcl me
      To: galicia_poland-ukraine@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:46 PM
      Subject: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] NEUWIRTH from Austria-Galicien

      Greetings.My great grandfather Samuel NEUWIRTH lists on his 1889 US marriage certificate his native country "Austria-Galicia"....and so I turn to you.According to US Census Records he was born in 1865 and came to the US in 1883. He settled in Newark, NJ, and married a woman named Lena PRINCE (PRINZ/PRINTZ). Her father George was the first optician in Newark.Sam and Lena had three children who survived. ..HARRIET, JOSEPH, and ESTELLE.Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially where I might begin to look within the Galician area.Thank you, in advance.Jeffrey Leedssherman oaks, ca.