Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] New travel guide for Jewish Eastern Europe

  • maxine
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi, I would love to see them. Can you send to my e-mail address? thanks, I appreciate it. Maxine sasala

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "maxine"
        <maxine96@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I would love to see them. Can you send to my e-mail address?
        thanks, I appreciate it. Maxine sasala

        Eastern Europe

        Ukraine@yahoogroups.com>
        > Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 3:22 PM
        > Subject: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] New travel guide for Jewish
        Eastern Europe

        that would be great.
        Thanks,
        Lance
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
          Hello Judith,

          Upload your photos to the files section.

          Judith Hrynenko wrote:

          > Hello Laurence and Group,
          >
          > If anyone is interested I have several pictures of the Jewish
          Heritage site
          > in Selo Rozdil, Lvivska Oblast from our 2005 trip ... It was an
          eerie site
          > when we walked around the grounds, it is now used as pasture for
          horses.
          > The site is actually quite large, the stones are beautifully
          carved. The
          > Synagogue is still standing, but has been completely gutted, no
          doors,
          > windows, looks like there was a fire at one time, and used as a
          dumping
          > ground.
          >
          > After the war, many of the headstones were taken by the towns
          people, broken
          > which they used to rebuild the roads in Rozdil. So many of the
          roads are
          > still in dire need of repair, but with little money I don't think
          they will
          > ever see the roads we have here in North America.
          >
          > BTW, I also have pictures of the Jewish site at Bucac, Ternopilska
          Oblast,
          > from 02 trip...
          >
          > Hope everyone is enjoying a fantastic summer,
          > Judy

        • Judith Hrynenko
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
            I have uploaded the pictures to the Photo area, you can find them under Selo
            Rozdil and Jewish Cemetery Bucac. Also provided are websites to read more
            about the history and the many stories.

            http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Suchostaw/sl_buczacz.htm

            http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/rozdol/Rozdol.htm
            http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/rozdol/Rozdol_Pop.htm

            Judy

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
              Judy,

              Thanks.

              I hope that somebody from Gesher Galicia (Jewish SIG and mailing
              list on Jewishgen) see them.

              --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Judith Hrynenko
              <jkruzer@...> wrote:

              > I have uploaded the pictures to the Photo area, you can find them
              under Selo
              > Rozdil and Jewish Cemetery Bucac. Also provided are websites to
              read more
              > about the history and the many stories.
              >
              > http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Suchostaw/sl_buczacz.htm
              >
              > http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/rozdol/Rozdol.htm