Mayor in Stanislawow?

  • Bitte Sundin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi List,
      My father, born in Yaremche 1915, told me some things about his relatives in
      his former homecountry. Unfortunately I did not ask enough questions before
      he passed away 1993, and now I have some questions that I hope you can help
      me with.
      Father told me that his mother Bronislawa Grandecka (married Zbozil) came
      from Stanislawow where her brother was mayor. His name probably was
      Grandecki, but that is all I know. If he was a mayor it must have been
      during my fathers upbringing in Yaremche, between 1915 and 1939.
      I hope some of you know how to search for former mayors?

      Bitte Sundin

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
        Hello Bitte,

        Oblast and city archives/libraries will have the names of prior
        mayors of Yaremche.

        Bitte Sundin" <sundin.bitte@...> wrote:

        > Hi List,
        > My father, born in Yaremche 1915, told me some things about his
        relatives in
        > his former homecountry. Unfortunately I did not ask enough
        questions before
        > he passed away 1993, and now I have some questions that I hope you
        can help
        > me with.
        > Father told me that his mother Bronislawa Grandecka (married
        Zbozil) came
        > from Stanislawow where her brother was mayor. His name probably was
        > Grandecki, but that is all I know. If he was a mayor it must have
        been
        > during my fathers upbringing in Yaremche, between 1915 and 1939.
        > I hope some of you know how to search for former mayors?
        >
        > --
        >

        > --
        > Bitte Sundin

      • Bitte Sundin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
          Hello Lavrentiy,
          Can you recommend som professional researcher in Ukraine that could help me
          with the writing to archives? I tried to contact Genealogical tree, but
          never got any answer.
          I do not speak or write ukrainian.
          Bitte

          2007/7/1, krupniak <Lkrupnak@...>:

          > Hello Bitte,
          >
          > Oblast and city archives/libraries will have the names of prior
          > mayors of Yaremche.

          > Bitte Sundin" <sundin.bitte@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi List,
          > > My father, born in Yaremche 1915, told me some things about his
          > relatives in
          > > his former homecountry. Unfortunately I did not ask enough
          > questions before
          > > he passed away 1993, and now I have some questions that I hope you
          > can help
          > > me with.
          > > Father told me that his mother Bronislawa Grandecka (married
          > Zbozil) came
          > > from Stanislawow where her brother was mayor. His name probably was
          > > Grandecki, but that is all I know. If he was a mayor it must have
          > been
          > > during my fathers upbringing in Yaremche, between 1915 and 1939.
          > > I hope some of you know how to search for former mayors?
          > >
          > > --
          > >

          > > --
          > > Bitte Sundin

          Bitte Sundin

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
            Bitte,
            I have worked some with the below who was recommended by a contact on this list. However,it has been almost a year now, so the contact info may not be current.

            Anyhow...it is always worth a try to get an update.

            Dima&Oksana Bidolakh
            zakharij@...

            Good luck...

            Hank D.
            From: "Bitte Sundin" <sundin.bitte@...>
            Date: 2007/07/01 Sun PM 02:09:39 CDT
            To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: Mayor in Stanislawow?

            2007/7/1, krupniak <Lkrupnak@...>:

            > Hello Bitte,
            >
            > Oblast and city archives/libraries will have the names of prior
            > mayors of Yaremche.

            > Bitte Sundin" <sundin.bitte@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi List,
            > > My father, born in Yaremche 1915, told me some things about his
            > relatives in
            > > his former homecountry. Unfortunately I did not ask enough
            > questions before
            > > he passed away 1993, and now I have some questions that I hope you
            > can help
            > > me with.
            > > Father told me that his mother Bronislawa Grandecka (married
            > Zbozil) came
            > > from Stanislawow where her brother was mayor. His name probably was
            > > Grandecki, but that is all I know. If he was a mayor it must have
            > been
            > > during my fathers upbringing in Yaremche, between 1915 and 1939.
            > > I hope some of you know how to search for former mayors?
            > >
            > > --
            > >

            > > --
            > > Bitte Sundin

            Bitte Sundin

          • Dennis Benarz
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
              Hi Bitte

              Mom always preached, "God helps those who help themselves". Why pay
              others to do your research for you?

              Have you tried searching the "Szematyzm Krolestwa Galicyi i
              Lodomeryi..." from 1808 to 1913? These basically are "Who's Who"
              directories for Galicia presented online by Malopolskie Towarzystwo
              Genealogiczne (i.e., Malopolska Genealogical Society). They are in
              the section titled "Biblioteka Cyfrowa". See previous posting #14989
              dated 16 June 2007 which deals with this online resource.

              Have you searched "Ksiega Adresowa Polski 1929" (the 1929 Polish
              Business Directory) which is available online at JewishGen? It is in
              their databases section.

              Try these first before spending any money. (Use the saved money to
              light a candle in church for our ancestors or for flowers to place on
              their graves on All Saints Day.)

              Dennis

              --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Bitte Sundin"

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2007
                Thankyou.
                Bitte

                2007/7/2, Dennis Benarz <benarz@...>:

                > Hi Bitte
                >
                > Mom always preached, "God helps those who help themselves". Why pay
                > others to do your research for you?
                >
                > Have you tried searching the "Szematyzm Krolestwa Galicyi i
                > Lodomeryi..." from 1808 to 1913? These basically are "Who's Who"
                > directories for Galicia presented online by Malopolskie Towarzystwo
                > Genealogiczne (i.e., Malopolska Genealogical Society). They are in
                > the section titled "Biblioteka Cyfrowa". See previous posting #14989
                > dated 16 June 2007 which deals with this online resource.
                >
                > Have you searched "Ksiega Adresowa Polski 1929" (the 1929 Polish
                > Business Directory) which is available online at JewishGen? It is in
                > their databases section.
                >
                > Try these first before spending any money. (Use the saved money to
                > light a candle in church for our ancestors or for flowers to place on
                > their graves on All Saints Day.)
                >
                > Dennis
                >
                > --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com<Galicia_Poland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > "Bitte Sundin"
                > <sundin.bitte@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi List,
                > > My father, born in Yaremche 1915, told me some things about his
                > relatives in
                > > his former homecountry. Unfortunately I did not ask enough
                > questions before
                > > he passed away 1993, and now I have some questions that I hope you
                > can help
                > > me with.
                > > Father told me that his mother Bronislawa Grandecka (married
                > Zbozil) came
                > > from Stanislawow where her brother was mayor. His name probably was
                > > Grandecki, but that is all I know. If he was a mayor it must have
                > been
                > > during my fathers upbringing in Yaremche, between 1915 and 1939.
                > > I hope some of you know how to search for former mayors?
                > >
                > > --
                > >

                > > --
                > > Bitte Sundin

                Bitte Sundin

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2007
                  Thankyou for help.
                  Bitte

                  2007/7/1, branch_1996@... <branch_1996@...>:

                  > Bitte,
                  > I have worked some with the below who was recommended by a contact on this
                  > list. However,it has been almost a year now, so the contact info may not be
                  > current.
                  >
                  > Anyhow...it is always worth a try to get an update.
                  >
                  > Dima&Oksana Bidolakh
                  > zakharij@... <zakharij%40rambler.ru>
                  >
                  > Good luck...
                  >
                  > Hank D.
                  > From: "Bitte Sundin" <sundin.bitte@... <sundin.bitte%40gmail.com>>
                  > Date: 2007/07/01 Sun PM 02:09:39 CDT
                  > To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com<Galicia_Poland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > Subject: Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Re: Mayor in Stanislawow?
                  >
                  > Hello Lavrentiy,
                  > Can you recommend som professional researcher in Ukraine that could help
                  > me
                  > with the writing to archives? I tried to contact Genealogical tree, but
                  > never got any answer.
                  > I do not speak or write ukrainian.
                  > Bitte
                  >
                  > 2007/7/1, krupniak <Lkrupnak@... <Lkrupnak%40erols.com>>:
                  > >
                  > > Hello Bitte,
                  > >
                  > > Oblast and city archives/libraries will have the names of prior
                  > > mayors of Yaremche.
                  > >
                  > > ______
                  > >
                  > > Lavrentiy
                  > >
                  > > Bitte Sundin" <sundin.bitte@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi List,
                  > > > My father, born in Yaremche 1915, told me some things about his
                  > > relatives in
                  > > > his former homecountry. Unfortunately I did not ask enough
                  > > questions before
                  > > > he passed away 1993, and now I have some questions that I hope you
                  > > can help
                  > > > me with.
                  > > > Father told me that his mother Bronislawa Grandecka (married
                  > > Zbozil) came
                  > > > from Stanislawow where her brother was mayor. His name probably was
                  > > > Grandecki, but that is all I know. If he was a mayor it must have
                  > > been
                  > > > during my fathers upbringing in Yaremche, between 1915 and 1939.
                  > > > I hope some of you know how to search for former mayors?
                  > > >
                  > > > --
                  > > >

                  > > > --
                  > > > Bitte Sundin

                  > --