BAK =STAPOR

  • twoleighs2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
      I am trying to find information on my husband's family. They came to
      this country from Poland around 1904. they would never discuss their
      lives in Poland. Both were born in Galicia,Austria.
      Kasper Bak was born in Galicia in 1891. His mother was Mary Pustlniak?
      Father was Andrew Bak
      He married Mary Sophie Stapor. She was born in 1891,Kollrinowa?Her
      father was Wilenty Stapor, mother Antonina Sezcina. Not sure of the
      spelling of that name, as the writing was hard to read.
      They lived in Enfield, Conn. where their children were born, then
      moved to Framingham, Ma.
      I have not been able to obtain any records, and don't know of any
      living family members.
      Any help would be appreciated. Rita in Florida
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
        Hello twosleighs200,

        You wrote:

        > I am trying to find information on my husband's family. They came to
        > this country from Poland around 1904. they would never discuss their
        > lives in Poland.

        They may have ...perhaps the people around them at that time (early
        1900s) didn't write it down or they weren't interested in their parents'
        stories.

        > Both were born in Galicia,Austria.
        > Kasper Bak was born in Galicia in 1891. His mother was Mary Pustlniak?
        > Father was Andrew Bak
        > He married Mary Sophie Stapor.

        What are their ethnicities ...Polish or Rusnak/Rusyn/Ukrainian?

        > She was born in 1891,Kollrinowa?

        Search for their immigration records which will provide a better
        spelling.

        > Her
        > father was Wilenty Stapor, mother Antonina Sezcina. Not sure of the
        > spelling of that name, as the writing was hard to read.

        What document do you have? Can yo scan it and upload an image?

        > They lived in Enfield, Conn. where their children were born, then
        > moved to Framingham, Ma.
        > I have not been able to obtain any records, and don't know of any
        > living family members.

        Have you searched for their immigration records (aka ship passenger
        manifest) via Dr. Morse's Ellis Island utility?