The country of Carpatho-Rus?

  • bacsiknj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
      Hi:

      I'd like to find out more about the country that our Rusyn people had for a very, very short time. What was the name of it and when was it declared a country? Would the Carpatho-Rusyn flag with the bear on it be the flag of this country? Any and all details would be greatly appreciated!

      Our church is having a theme party called a Country Party. Each table is decorated for a particular country. I'd like to have my country table be that of the country our Lemko people had for a short time, but I need to know more about the details. Once I learn about it I can pass the information on to the 24 people at my table and also the whole room of people at this dinner.

      I will also need to have favors for each of the people at my table. Any suggestions on where to get very inexpensive little gifts representing our Carpathian people?

      Thanks for your help. If you are in New Jersey in October and would like to come I'd love to have you at our table!

      Maryann Dubowchik Bacsik
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
        bacsiknj wrote:

        > Hi:
        >
        > I'd like to find out more about the country that our Rusyn people
        had for a very, very short time.

        State what you mean by Rusyns?

        Do you perhaps mean Carpatho-Rusyns? If so, throughout their history
        CRs, as a group, were a stateless people.

        > What was the name of it and when was it declared a country?

        Define what you mean by Rusyns?

        > Would the Carpatho-Rusyn flag with the bear on it be the flag of
        this country?

        No

        > I will also need to have favors for each of the people at my
        table. Any suggestions on where to get very inexpensive little gifts
        representing our Carpathian people?

        Try Carpatho-Rusyn Society:

        http://www.carpathorusynsociety.org/sales.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
          Maryann,

          You are thinking of Carpathian Ruthenia:

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpathian_Ruthenia

          Carpathian Ruthenia does not reperesent all of Carpatho-Rus'.

          --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak"