Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Fwd: Re: Need help with Wdowikowski surname and Busk Niwe Lwow

Expand Messages
  • krupniak
    Busk: From: http://www.vfp.org/directory/ukraine.htm The project will be in Busk, small town located 53 km from Lviv. In October 2005 Busk will celebrate its
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
      Busk:

      From: http://www.vfp.org/directory/ukraine.htm


      The project will be in Busk, small town located 53 km from Lviv. In
      October 2005 Busk will celebrate its 1500 anniversary. This town was
      one of the first in this region who was granted Magdeburg right in
      1411. The symbol of the town is a stork. Town is situated on the
      crossroads, and in XV century it became a fortress.

      During many years this land belonged to Austria and Poland that
      influenced a lot local history and cultural background.




      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "krupniak"
      <Lkrupnak@...> wrote:
      >
      >
      > For example, here's a discussion of Old Warsaw and New Warsaw:
      >
      >
      > http://www.e-warsaw.pl/miasto/herb.htm
      >
      > "Until 1791, up to the administrative consolidation of Warsaw, the
      > mermaid was the emblem only of Old Warsaw and two districts under
      its
      > jurisdiction, Solec and Mariensztat (from 1781). The City of New
      > Warsaw and remaining districts had separate arms, for example the
      > arms of New Warsaw were a maiden with a unicorn."
      >
      >
      > Lindy, do you have additional example or more knowledge that you
      want
      > to offer?
      >
      >
      > ______
      >
      > Lavrentiy
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > "krupniak" wrote:
      > >
      > >
      > > Hello Neil,
      > >
      > > Many large communities had an old section and new section -
      the
      > > old section being where the town originated and the new section
      > where
      > > later growth occurred. Busk Niwe probably refers to the new
      > section
      > > of Busk. The locals would know the sections of town.
      > >
      > > Here's an old map of Busk area:
      > >
      > > http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/200e/42-50.jpg
      > >
      > >
      > > Lindy Kasperski will examine the Slownik for us to see if
      > > contains any discussion of the old and new sections of Busk.
      > >
      > > ______
      > >
      > > Lavrentiy
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > "nvchull" <nvchull@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi any help would be appreciated.
      > > >
      > > > My Grandfather was Michal Wdowikowski born in 1917 in Busk Niwe
      > > Lwow.
      > > >
      > > > I have been trying to find information myself on the net but
      have
      > > > drawn a blank.
      > > >
      > > > Busk and Lwow(Lviv) is now in the Ukrane but I can't find any
      > > > information on Niwe.
      > > >
      > > > I know that currently there are around 190 people in poland
      with
      > > the
      > > > Wdowikowski surname and there is a few Wdowikowski's in Chicago
      > USA
      > > > but I can't find any connection, birth, death or marrage.
      > > >
      > > > My grandfather had three sisters, one was said to have married
      a
      > > > priest???.
      > > >
      > > > Sorry I don't have much information as I am working from
      memories
      > > of
      > > > what my Grandfather told me before his death three years ago.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks Neil Wdowikowski
      > > >
      > >
      >
      > --- End forwarded message ---
      >
    • Bielawa, Matthew (Registrar)
      Some more fun facts about Busk to add to Lavrentiy s links: This is from the Yizkor book for Busk. It also includes the names of some suburbs .
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
        Some more fun facts about Busk to add to Lavrentiy's links:



        This is from the Yizkor book for Busk. It also includes the names of
        some "suburbs".



        http://edwebproject.org/busk.html





        Matthew



        ________________________________

        From: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
        [mailto:Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of krupniak
        Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 12:52 PM
        To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Fwd: Re: Need help with Wdowikowski
        surname and Busk Niwe Lwow



        Busk:

        From: http://www.vfp.org/directory/ukraine.htm
        <http://www.vfp.org/directory/ukraine.htm>

        The project will be in Busk, small town located 53 km from Lviv. In
        October 2005 Busk will celebrate its 1500 anniversary. This town was
        one of the first in this region who was granted Magdeburg right in
        1411. The symbol of the town is a stork. Town is situated on the
        crossroads, and in XV century it became a fortress.

        During many years this land belonged to Austria and Poland that
        influenced a lot local history and cultural background.

        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:Galicia_Poland-Ukraine%40yahoogroups.com> , "krupniak"
        <Lkrupnak@...> wrote:
        >
        >
        > For example, here's a discussion of Old Warsaw and New Warsaw:
        >
        >
        > http://www.e-warsaw.pl/miasto/herb.htm
        <http://www.e-warsaw.pl/miasto/herb.htm>
        >
        > "Until 1791, up to the administrative consolidation of Warsaw, the
        > mermaid was the emblem only of Old Warsaw and two districts under
        its
        > jurisdiction, Solec and Mariensztat (from 1781). The City of New
        > Warsaw and remaining districts had separate arms, for example the
        > arms of New Warsaw were a maiden with a unicorn."
        >
        >
        > Lindy, do you have additional example or more knowledge that you
        want
        > to offer?
        >
        >
        > ______
        >
        > Lavrentiy
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > "krupniak" wrote:
        > >
        > >
        > > Hello Neil,
        > >
        > > Many large communities had an old section and new section -
        the
        > > old section being where the town originated and the new section
        > where
        > > later growth occurred. Busk Niwe probably refers to the new
        > section
        > > of Busk. The locals would know the sections of town.
        > >
        > > Here's an old map of Busk area:
        > >
        > > http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/200e/42-50.jpg
        <http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/200e/42-50.jpg>
        > >
        > >
        > > Lindy Kasperski will examine the Slownik for us to see if
        > > contains any discussion of the old and new sections of Busk.
        > >
        > > ______
        > >
        > > Lavrentiy
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > "nvchull" <nvchull@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi any help would be appreciated.
        > > >
        > > > My Grandfather was Michal Wdowikowski born in 1917 in Busk Niwe
        > > Lwow.
        > > >
        > > > I have been trying to find information myself on the net but
        have
        > > > drawn a blank.
        > > >
        > > > Busk and Lwow(Lviv) is now in the Ukrane but I can't find any
        > > > information on Niwe.
        > > >
        > > > I know that currently there are around 190 people in poland
        with
        > > the
        > > > Wdowikowski surname and there is a few Wdowikowski's in Chicago
        > USA
        > > > but I can't find any connection, birth, death or marrage.
        > > >
        > > > My grandfather had three sisters, one was said to have married
        a
        > > > priest???.
        > > >
        > > > Sorry I don't have much information as I am working from
        memories
        > > of
        > > > what my Grandfather told me before his death three years ago.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks Neil Wdowikowski
        > > >
        > >
        >
        > --- End forwarded message ---
        >





        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • nvchull
        Hi, Thanks for the info, I never thought of there being two areas of Busk. Thanks also for the map of Galicia, good quality and very interesting. Just found
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
          Hi,

          Thanks for the info, I never thought of there being two areas of Busk.

          Thanks also for the map of Galicia, good quality and very interesting.

          Just found out some more info from my Grandmother, aparently My
          Greatgrandfather Uzef travelled to America to stay with family sometime
          before WWII, it is said that he worked there for a while and saved up
          to buy land back in Poland.

          I'v tried search passenger lists on ships but can't find anything, any
          suggestions?

          Could you please give me any ideas on where to look for my ancesters
          records, such as birth death or marrage?

          Thanks for your help so far

          Neil
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.