Re: Help with Fedor Stanislawski of Lubinanki

  • Tom O'Connor
    Message 1 of 86 , Feb 2, 2007
      I am amazed and thankful for all your help with my search. Unfortunately I am not as swift mentally as you seem to be and will take time to reflect and analyze and respond to all the leads you have given me.
      I have copied all your responses and pasted them into one WP and will try to respond to each. First let me say that Dennis is right when he says I have a found a lot and have gotten a lot more from this group. I have found a lot more info over the years but will not be satisfied until I can find out more about the individuals. Like; What happened to George's siblings or his family? What happened to Fedor [sometimes listed as Tedore]? Did he come later? I have the names of several other passengers from Lubianka on the SS Alice and have not been able to find any of those.
      I'll get back to you later with more specific responses to your additions and questions.
      Tom O'Connor

    • Michael
      Message 86 of 86 , Feb 15, 2007
        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Chris Smolinski
        <csmolinski@...> wrote:

        > >--- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Chris Smolinski
        > ><csmolinski@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> I'm curious, is there anyone else here researching in Gologory
        (near
        > >> Lviv) or nearby villages, such as Gologorki, Lonie, Nowosiolki,
        > >> Kondratow, Scianka, Wisniowczyk, Gliniany, etc. ?
        > >>
        > >> --
        > >>
        > >> ---
        > >> Chris Smolinski
        > >> Black Cat Systems
        > >> http://www.blackcatsystems.com
        > >>
        > >Dear Chris,
        > >My grandfather was born in Wisniowczyk. I know there was a Greek
        > >Catholic Church there, but I have had little luck finding
        records. A
        > >lot of the Roman Catholic records for Gologory were rrecently
        filmed by
        > >LDS. Best, Michael.
        >
        > Hi Michael,
        >
        > I have several of the RC films already on loan at the local FHC,
        and
        > have a few more on the way. There are some GC records for Gologory
        > (actually that is one of the films on the way), perhaps they
        include
        > Wisniowczyk? One of the RC films I have does have baptisms of
        > residents in Wisniowczyk, presumably who attended the Gologory
        > church. I can let you know what the GC film covers when it arrives.
        > Out of curiosity, what was your grandfather's surname?
        >
        > --
        >
        > ---
        > Chris Smolinski
        > Black Cat Systems
        > http://www.blackcatsystems.com

        Dear Chris,
        Sorry I missed your message. Thanks for your reply. My family's
        surname is Rudy or Rudyj. Thanks, Michael.