Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Translation help with research phrase

  • Roman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
      The term you quote has two factors working against you, namely, archaic
      spelling and use of the genitive case. A third factor that has to be
      addressed is the character coding used in your note. [Use UTF-8 to read
      this note correctly.] It is normally rendered

      J. O. Książę = Jaśnie Oświecony Książę = His Grace Duke

      My Polish dictionary does actually have the abbreviation listed under
      the word "oświecony".

      Cheers,

      Roman