Translation help with research phrase

  • sbillshoe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
      Hello everyone:
      I need help to understand a term. The term is "J.O. xiêcia" or "J.O.
      xiecia" or "JOxiêcia" and it occurs before a name so perhaps it is a
      title or position. A quick google search provides an
      example: "J.O.Xiêcia Radziwi³la". My Polish dictionary is no help.

      Thanks,
      Stephen
    • Roman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
        The term you quote has two factors working against you, namely, archaic
        spelling and use of the genitive case. A third factor that has to be
        addressed is the character coding used in your note. [Use UTF-8 to read
        this note correctly.] It is normally rendered

        J. O. Książę = Jaśnie Oświecony Książę = His Grace Duke

        My Polish dictionary does actually have the abbreviation listed under
        the word "oświecony".

        Cheers,

        Roman