Two photos posted: Certificate of Baptism

  • cgwedge
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi everyone,
      I feel very blessed in that my uncle just sent me photocopies of some
      of my grandparents' papers I did not know he had. I have posted my
      grandfather's Certificate of Baptism as 1) a possible item of interest
      for the generic types of information that are on such a document from
      1891,in Galicia, and 2) in hopes that someone can take a look at the
      heading and tell me what the Russian/or Cyrilic and Latin might say as
      to the place. I recognize the word for Spikolosy(sic) as the name of
      the village, so I can pick that out, but as to Parish, Oblast, etc., I
      cannot decipher them, nor can I transcribe them here without the
      proper characters on this keyboard. If you can spare a moment to take
      a look,especially at the photo labeled 'heading' Baptism, under Bogush
      family album section of photos,it would be much appreciated. Catherine
    • Roman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
        Catherine,

        The correct village is SZPIKŁOSY (Szpikl~osy), just about 2.5km NW of
        REMIZOWCE in the district of ZŁOCZÓW (Zl~oczo~w) within the LWÓW Diocese.

        Cheers,

        Roman

        cgwedge wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        > I feel very blessed in that my uncle just sent me photocopies of some
        > of my grandparents' papers I did not know he had. I have posted my
        > grandfather's Certificate of Baptism as 1) a possible item of interest
        > for the generic types of information that are on such a document from
        > 1891,in Galicia, and 2) in hopes that someone can take a look at the
        > heading and tell me what the Russian/or Cyrilic and Latin might say as
        > to the place. I recognize the word for Spikolosy(sic) as the name of
        > the village, so I can pick that out, but as to Parish, Oblast, etc., I
        > cannot decipher them, nor can I transcribe them here without the
        > proper characters on this keyboard. If you can spare a moment to take
        > a look,especially at the photo labeled 'heading' Baptism, under Bogush
        > family album section of photos,it would be much appreciated. Catherine
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • rita robinson
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
          Parish Remizowce
          Archdiocese Leopoliensis?
          I think Cerkwia is church, not sure though, Zl~oczo~w
          Hope it gives you a clue anyway.
          Happy hunting.
          rita

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
            Tserkva is Rusyn/Ukrainian word for church.

            In Polish transliteration Tserkva is Cerkwa.

            An Eastern christian tserkva is equivalent to a Polish kos~cio~l~.

            --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "rita robinson"
            <rrobinson13@...> wrote:

            > Parish Remizowce
            > Archdiocese Leopoliensis?
            > I think Cerkwia is church, not sure though, Zl~oczo~w
            > Hope it gives you a clue anyway.
            > Happy hunting.
            > rita
            Certificate of Baptism

            > Catherine,
            >
            > The correct village is SZPIKŁOSY (Szpikl~osy), just about 2.5km
            NW of
            > REMIZOWCE in the district of ZŁOCZÃ"W (Zl~oczo~w) within the
            LWÃ"W Diocese.