RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Another Search Tool

  • readables
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
      very good link, thank you!
      jayne

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Tracey Kyrylchuk [mailto:tracey.k@...]
      Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 8:49 AM
      To: Infoukes; Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Another Search Tool

      Hi all:

      I came across this site while doing some reasearch and I thought it might
      help some of you out when your searches hit a brick wall. It did me. It is
      a site where you can search through the text of communittee history books
      from Canada that have been put online. The site is:
      www.ourroots.ca/e/
      When you go to this site, to do a search in the text of each book, click on
      window comes up, go all the way down to the bottom of the page and enter the
      surname your looking for in the SEARCH FULLTEXT box. If your name is found
      in a book it will even link you to the page where it appears. You may be
      able to find your relatives when you don't know which town they lived in.

      I hope some of you find this site useful. I did. Happy hunting.

      Tracey Kyrylchuk

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/