UNGEHEUER - UNGHAJER - UNGEHEIER - UNGIECHAJER - UNGEHAUER

  • chris oth
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hello,

      I am searching families by the name UNGEHEUER. Other spellings of the
      name are UNGEHEIER, UNGIECHAJER, UNGEHAUER, UNGHAJER,...

      I have several families of whom I don't know where they come from or
      what they became:

      UNGEHEUER Franz Adam was born in Germany and died in Galicia. I have
      no name of his wife and I only know of two sons:

      - Michael UNGEHEUER born in Wildenthal, Kolbuszowa, died in Debica and
      was married to Agnes KLUS. At least two sons: Franciszek
      UNGEHEUER/UNGEHEIER born in Przykysrowka in 1889, Eduard born 1895 in
      Rzeszow/Mielec

      - Ludwik UNGEHEUER married Tekla Litynska. Children are:
      Kazimierz, Wladyslaw, Jozefa, Wiktoria who married Karol Sandalowski,
      Eugeniusz born in Przemysl and Stanislas Mieczyslaw
      Ungeheier-Niesiolowski

      I know that other UNGEHEUER families lived in Wildenthal,
      Kolbuszowa, Josephsdorf, Mielec, Lwiw, Debioki, Sarnow (I am not sure
      about the spelling of all these places), but I don't have any details.

      UNGEHEUER Andrzej and his wife PODRAZA Katarzyna, I know of one son
      Filip who married Maria SMOLA, their children all born in Debioki are:
      -UNGHAJER Johann * 26.05.1883
      -UNGEHEUER Katarina * 25.11.1888, + USA, married to Andrew TRUSZ
      -UNGEHEUER Magdalena * 09.01.1894
      -UNGEHEUER Walenty * 17.11.1896, married Agnieszka HYJEK
      -UNGEHEUER Franciszka * 05.08.1899, married Mateusz HYJEK
      -UNGEHEUER Antonia * 06.07.1902
      -UNGEHEUER Weronika * 10.06.1905, married Wojcieck HYJEK

      Who knows about UNGEHEUER/UNGEHEIER, UNGIECHAJER,... families in the
      area of Galicia / Poland?

      Thanks for any help you could give.

      Chris.Oth
    • Dennis Benarz
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi Chris

        The 2002 PESEL survey includes the following Polish residents:

        Ungehauer: 1 female living in Rzeszow
        Ungeheuer: 142 total, including 50 in metropolitan Rzeszow, 11 each
        in the vicinity of Mielec and Rzeszow, and 7 in Debica.
        Ungehojer: 19 total, none in former Galicia
        Ungechajer: 0
        Ungehajer: 0
        Ungeheier: 0

        Good luck with your research.

        Dennis

        --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "chris oth"

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
          Hello Chris,

          Dennis has found some potential relatives in Poland.

          Other family were most likely repatriated to Germany under the
          Nazi regime. The Nazi EWZ office was responsible to resettlement,
          naturalization, etc. The US National Archives has on microfilm the
          EWZ records.

          <chriscd13@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I am searching families by the name UNGEHEUER. Other spellings of
          the
          > name are UNGEHEIER, UNGIECHAJER, UNGEHAUER, UNGHAJER,...
          >
          > I have several families of whom I don't know where they come from or
          > what they became:
          >
          > UNGEHEUER Franz Adam was born in Germany and died in Galicia. I have
          > no name of his wife and I only know of two sons:
          >
          > - Michael UNGEHEUER born in Wildenthal, Kolbuszowa, died in Debica
          and
          > was married to Agnes KLUS. At least two sons: Franciszek
          > UNGEHEUER/UNGEHEIER born in Przykysrowka in 1889, Eduard born 1895
          in
          > Rzeszow/Mielec
          >
          > - Ludwik UNGEHEUER married Tekla Litynska. Children are:
          > Kazimierz, Wladyslaw, Jozefa, Wiktoria who married Karol
          Sandalowski,
          > Eugeniusz born in Przemysl and Stanislas Mieczyslaw
          > Ungeheier-Niesiolowski
          >
          > I know that other UNGEHEUER families lived in Wildenthal,
          > Kolbuszowa, Josephsdorf, Mielec, Lwiw, Debioki, Sarnow (I am not
          sure
          > about the spelling of all these places), but I don't have any
          details.

          > UNGEHEUER Andrzej and his wife PODRAZA Katarzyna, I know of one son
          > Filip who married Maria SMOLA, their children all born in Debioki
          are:
          > -UNGHAJER Johann * 26.05.1883
          > -UNGEHEUER Katarina * 25.11.1888, + USA, married to Andrew TRUSZ
          > -UNGEHEUER Magdalena * 09.01.1894
          > -UNGEHEUER Walenty * 17.11.1896, married Agnieszka HYJEK
          > -UNGEHEUER Franciszka * 05.08.1899, married Mateusz HYJEK
          > -UNGEHEUER Antonia * 06.07.1902
          > -UNGEHEUER Weronika * 10.06.1905, married Wojcieck HYJEK
          >
          > Who knows about UNGEHEUER/UNGEHEIER, UNGIECHAJER,... families in the
          > area of Galicia / Poland?
          >
          > Thanks for any help you could give.
          >
          > Chris.Oth

        • bazyli3
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2014
            Hello Chris,

            my mothers name is Ungeheuer. Her family has lived in Rzeszów at least for 100 years.

            As I recall correctly her greatgrandfather was Ignatius Ungeheuer. He had two sons: Franz Ungeheuer and my greatgrandfather - Karol Ungeheuer. Franz was supposed to be born in Germany and brought to Galicia by his father. Karol already came from a Polish mother and was born in Galicia.

            There is a second Franz Ungeheuer as well, born in 1887 in Przybyszowka. He was a soldier.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2014

              Bazyli is replying to a 2006 posting: