Re: Boy;ko/Royko

  • wanderingdalton
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
      Thanks for the reply Len. It's an interesting store but they don't
      seem to have the book listed.Perhaps they can order it. In any case, I
      managed to find another vendor who apparently sells it, but it's a bit
      too expensive for me at this time.
      thanks again.

      Thomas
      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Len Krawchuk
      <lk248@...> wrote:

      > the book " The Church in Ruins" can be purchased at the Edmonton,
      Canada Ukrainian Bookstore:
      > http://www.ukrainianbookstore.com
      >
      > email:
      > ukrbkst@...
      > They are currently having a book sale which ends at the end of this
      month!

      > Len

      latitude= 50.2000&longitud e=22.5167& size=big

      > > >"Dembno" is English transliteration of the Polish spelling of the
      > > >village.
      > > >

      > > >The Ukrainian name is Dubno.

      > > > The Greek Catholic parish name is St. George.
      > > >

      > > >RE: your queastion about whether they were Bojkos:
      > > >

      > > > Bojkos did not reside in that area, but they were nevertheless
      > > >ethnically Rusyns/Ukrainians.
      > > >

      > > >_______
      > > >
      > > >Lavrentiy

      > early

      > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
      > >
      > http://join. msn.com/? page=dept/ bcomm&pgmarket= en-ca&RU=
      http%3a%2f% 2fjoin.msn. com%2f%3fpage% 3dmisc%2fspecial
      offers%26pgmarke t%3den-ca

    • Maciej Slugocki
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 4, 2006
        I have undertaken a few internet searches for the Potocki family that
        resided in Lwow in the years spanning the 1930s.

        My father occasionally mentioned that Carol Potocki was a close friend
        (colega). My father's family actually resided in "Palac Potockiego" having
        been granted some sort of special tenancy for some historical assistance
        provided to the Potocki family.

        I would be most appreciative of any leads subscribers to this list may be
        able to offer so that I could trace some sort of 20th century history of
        that branch of the Potocki family.

        Thanks in anticipation,

        Maciej Slugocki
        Hobart Australia
      • Michael
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 4, 2006
          --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Maciej Slugocki"
          <maciej.slugocki@...> wrote:

          > I have undertaken a few internet searches for the Potocki family that
          > resided in Lwow in the years spanning the 1930s.
          >
          > My father occasionally mentioned that Carol Potocki was a close friend
          > (colega). My father's family actually resided in "Palac Potockiego"
          having
          > been granted some sort of special tenancy for some historical
          assistance
          > provided to the Potocki family.
          >
          > I would be most appreciative of any leads subscribers to this list may
          be
          > able to offer so that I could trace some sort of 20th century history of
          > that branch of the Potocki family.
          >
          > Thanks in anticipation,
          >
          > Maciej Slugocki
          > Hobart Australia

          Dear Maciej,
          Have you tried the website "Genealogia dynastyczna"
          (genealog.home.pl) which deals with the Polish aristocracy? There is a
          large section on the Potocki family. Of course, they are interesting as
          they owned a lot of Galicia and were the richest landowners in Europe
          in the 19th century. Best, Michael.

        • Maciej Slugocki
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 4, 2006
            Thanks Michael,

            What a fantastic site. I found some Karol's but unfortunately dates of
            birth do not create any links for me. My father was born in 1911 and if
            Karol was a kolega the their years of birth should be proximate. Never the
            less I'll keep the site as a favourite and when more clues turn up I can do
            a more refined search.

            Once again thanks