Another Search Tool

  • Tracey Kyrylchuk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hi all:

      I came across this site while doing some reasearch and I thought it might help some of you out when your searches hit a brick wall. It did me. It is a site where you can search through the text of communittee history books from Canada that have been put online. The site is:
      www.ourroots.ca/e/
      When you go to this site, to do a search in the text of each book, click on ADVANCED SEARCH on the right hand side of the page. Then when the new window comes up, go all the way down to the bottom of the page and enter the surname your looking for in the SEARCH FULLTEXT box. If your name is found in a book it will even link you to the page where it appears. You may be able to find your relatives when you don't know which town they lived in.

      I hope some of you find this site useful. I did. Happy hunting.

      Tracey Kyrylchuk

    • readables
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
        very good link, thank you!
        jayne

        I came across this site while doing some reasearch and I thought it might
        help some of you out when your searches hit a brick wall. It did me. It is
        a site where you can search through the text of communittee history books
        from Canada that have been put online. The site is:
        www.ourroots.ca/e/
        When you go to this site, to do a search in the text of each book, click on
        window comes up, go all the way down to the bottom of the page and enter the
        surname your looking for in the SEARCH FULLTEXT box. If your name is found
        in a book it will even link you to the page where it appears. You may be
        able to find your relatives when you don't know which town they lived in.

        I hope some of you find this site useful. I did. Happy hunting.

        Tracey Kyrylchuk

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/