Re: Bronislaw Bialkowski

  • Dennis Benarz
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
      Hi Terry

      There were two ZABNOs in Galicia.

      One Zabno is about 8 miles E of Sandomierz. In 1900 it was in the
      Tarnobrzeg administrative district, Rozwadow township (gmina), and
      the Roman Catholic parish of Radomysl nad Sanem. For information
      regarding Saint John the Baptist parish, consult the Diocese of
      Sandomierz:
      http://www.sandomierz.opoka.org.pl/

      The other Zabno is about 8 miles NNW of Tarnow. The Roman Catholic
      parish was Holy Spirit in Zabno, part of the Diocese of Tarnow. The
      unofficial parish website:
      http://spuscizna.worldzonepro.com/zabno.html .

      Good luck.

      Dennis

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Bialkowski"
      <tbialkowki@...> wrote:

      > Lavrentiy
      >
      > My grandfather came from "Zabno" according to his ship manifest
      (the Patricia).
      > Any further information would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks for your help
      >
      > Terry Bialkowski
      > Windsor, Ontario
      > Canada

    • terryjo416
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
        Dennis, thanks for the information.
        I visited both sites but they are in Polish and sadly I only speak
        English.
        I will bookmark these sites tho for further investigation if I find
        someone here that speaks the language.
        At least we have gotten this far in our investigation and I have
        plenty of time to look about as I'm retired.

        Thanks again
        Terry Bialkowski
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
          Hello Terry,

          There are two places that have the name Zabno (Z~abno).

          Examine the LDS FHL catalog to see if the Radomysl and Zabno
          Roman Catholic parishes, respectively, records are available on
          microfilm. Also examine the Polish State Archives website to see if
          Polish archives have the records respective parish vital statistic
          registers, contact the parishes directly, and contact the local
          registry offices.

          <tbialkowki@...> wrote:

          > Lavrentiy
          >
          > My grandfather came from "Zabno" according to his ship manifest
          (the Patricia).
          > Any further information would be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks for your help
          >
          > Terry Bialkowski
          > Windsor, Ontario
          > Canada

        • Lemberg - Galicia
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10, 2006
            Hi !
            I suggest to get in touch with Mr.Krzysztof Bialkowski
            <kbialkowski@...>
            His relative -prof.Jacek Bialkowski -famous cardiosurgeon from Zabrze Poland

            God bless Ukraine!
            Volodymyr Semeniv, MD