Map Archive of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny 1919 - 1939

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      >From the FEEFHS email list:

      Dear Sir or Madam,

      I don't know if this is of any interest to you, we have re-opened a
      website
      with pre-ww2 topo maps (at present only Polish maps), they're available
      for
      viewing or download (obviously for free).

      http://www.mapywig.org/news.php

      I'm not writing to advertise our site in the business sense, our project
      is
      and will always remain non-profit (we pay for it), but I wanted to let
      you
      know we exist, because one of many reasons to set it up was a shortage
      of
      good quality maps available on the Internet for people searching for
      their
      roots.

      Once we get a complete collection of 100K Polish (WIG) maps (by end of
      this
      summer) we will begin to work on a database of placenames linked to the
      map
      sheets for quick identification. I hope our project will help people
      find
      whatever they are looking for.

      Yours sincerely,

      Marek Zielinski