Pylatkivici-Pilatkowce

  • bernbaby2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      Thank you very much Lavrentiy!
      The map is excellent.
      Also, source for other name, Pawlickaw came from history book. It
      sounds as though it is written phonetically.

      It is a compilation of stories from the decendants of early
      settlers. The history book is entitled, On the Sunny Slopes of the
      Riding Mountains. It is the History of Rossburn and District.
      Farming community. It is like the family bible. There is a lot of
      information therein about the struggles, the year people came to
      Canada to settle in that area as well as dates. Of course, only
      those families who contributed are mentioned in the book. I have
      been able to verify my own dates using Canada Census 1901, 1906 and
      1911. Very good sources. As well, I get microfilms through the
      library on ship passenger lists who came from Hamburg Germany to
      Halifax. From Halifax the pioneers were taken by train to Winnipeg
      and from there they travelled by wagon....to Shoal Lake. Anyone
      looking for settlers in the Rossburn Manitoba area, I have a book
      which may provide some insight.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2006
        bernbaby2004 wrote:

        > Thank you very much Lavrentiy!
        > The map is excellent.
        > Also, source for other name, Pawlickaw came from history book. It
        > sounds as though it is written phonetically.

        "Pawlickaw" could be several places, including Pawlosiow, Pawelcze, etc.