RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Obertyn and Stryy

  • Marilyn Hertenstein
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
      Can you give the correct URL for the rtr foundation.org site you referenced?
      I have interest in one of the cities you listed (Yezupol) and would like to
      look at the page.

      Thanks,
      Marilyn

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        Lolly Kozak wrote:

        > I also have a question about the entry of 'Stryy'; would this be the
        > Stryy that is SW of Lviv.

        Stryi is SE of L'viv.

        > I thought that one was in the Lviv oblast... or
        > was it in Ivano Frankivsk at one time. If so when did the change occur?

        Stryi is in Ukraine's L'viv oblast.

        I think it was in Poland's Stanislawow woj. (Poland during interwar
        period).

        > what would be the best way to access the inf listed below?

        RTRF provides the location of the records.

        > The following is from the rtrfoundation site:
        > New archive data added to the database from the Ivano Frankivsk Oblast
        > Archives (army records, voter lists, Holocaust documents, Kahal records,
        > property records, police files, lists by occupation, notary and local
        > government documents, school records, immigration records and a few vital
        > records). These records are for the following towns: Bogorodchany, Bolekhov,
        > Bolshovtsy, Broshnev Osada, Bukachovtsy, Burshtyn, Chernelitsa, Delyatin,
        > Dolina, Galich, Gorodenka, Gvozdets, Ivano Frankovsk (formerly Stanislavov),
        > Kalush, Khotimir, Kolomyya, Knyaginichi, Kosov, Kuty, Lanchin, Lisets,
        > Lomna, Marinopol (formerly Mariampol), Nadvornaya, Nikolayev (Mikolayev),
        > Nizhnev, Obertin, Otynya, Pechenezhin, Pereginsko, Pistyn, Rogatin, Rozdol,
        > Rozhnyatov, Skole, Snyatyn, Solotvina, Stryy, Stanislavov (formerly Ivano
        > Frankovsk), Tatarov, Tlumach, Turka, Tysmenitsa, Verkhovina (formerly
        > Zhabeye), Voynilov, Yablonov, Zabolotov, Zhidachov, Zhovten (formerly
        > Yezupol), and Zhuravno.
        >
        > Registrations for small towns and villages were done on a poviat (region)
        > level and new archive data is available for the following poviats/regions:
        > Bogorodchany, Dolina, Gorodenka, Ivano Frankovsk (formerly Stanislav),
        > Kalush, Kolomyya, Kosov, Nadvornaya, Pechenezhin, Rogatin, Skole, Snyatyn,
        > Stanislav (now Ivano Frankovsk) Stryy, Tlumach, Turka, and Zhidachov.
        > Added September 4, 2003
        >

        > Lolly
      • Irene
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
          Lolly,

          Thanks for the information and website for the Ivano Frankivsk Oblast Archive. I plan to share it with my cousin in Poland, who has been doing research for me in Lwow. She did contact Ivano Frankivst a few years ago but they had not fully completed their work. I can see now that it is finished.

          With great appreciation,

          Irene

          http://www.rtrfoundation.org/

        • Lolly Kozak
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
            The website is: http://www.rtrfoundation.org/
            Good luck...Lolly

            >From: "Marilyn Hertenstein" <mjhertenstein@...>
            >To: <Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Obertyn and Stryy
            >Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 08:40:51 -0500
            >
            >Can you give the correct URL for the rtr foundation.org site you
            >referenced?
            >I have interest in one of the cities you listed (Yezupol) and would like to
            >look at the page.
            >
            >Thanks,
            >Marilyn
            >
            > _____

            Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
            stationery, fonts and colors.
            Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN´┐Ż Premium right now and get the
            first two months FREE*.