870Re: Youngstown, Ohio

    Jun 2, 2004
      Hello Joann,

      The FHL has some of the registers for both places. I do not
      know what years are covered:

      http://lemko.org/genealogy/galicia.html

      ___________

      Lavrentiy

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "Joann E. Blakeman"
      <joannblakeman@z...> wrote:
      > Lavrentiy,
      > My Grandmother's village name was Lyatsko, I am told it is called
      Solyanovatka now. My Grandfather's village is Lopusznica or
      Lopushnitsa. Both are close to the town of Dobromyl which is 6 kms
      east of the Polish border as the crow flies.
      > Thanks,
      > Joann

      all the information she knew. The people in the oldest generation
      she recorded were probably born around 1850. Does anyone know how
      to trace my family history further in Ukraine? Would microfilms
      from the Latter Day Saints help me now? Any help would be
      appreciated!