      From: tSteven Helvak
      To: Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 10:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [Galicia_Poland-Ukraine] Youngstown, Ohio

      Joann,
      several years ago Dorothy and I went to Poland and also Lwow in the
      Ukraine. My parents were from Galiacia which is near the Ukrainian border,I
      was mistaken that some of my kin were from that area which they were not.
      Conditions in the Ukr. are poor indeed. We have a friend who still sends
      packages to the Ukr.
      A side bar: in my younger days I was involved in the group that started
      Bingo in both churches.
      My parents were born in 1889 an we have found the name of my grandfather
      and mother . I think that they were born in-\time frame as your people.
      don't have any records for Mom and Dad but the family found my uncle
      Andy's baptismal records dated 1924. He was working on US citzenship and
      I don't know if he got his final papers----
      Steve