41416Re: Grandfather from Busk Galicia

    Sep 1, 2012
      Gary,

      BTW...here are his parents on the same ship:

      http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest.asp?pID=102175100241

      LDS has the Busk records:

      http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest.asp?pID=102175100241

      Examine the records because the researcher in Poland may have errored committed any number of errors or you gave wrong information.

      --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "garylew2004" <garylew2004@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone. I'm having a very difficult time verifying where my grandfather and his family originated from. My grandfather Jan Lew arrived in USA in 1906. His last residence was listed as Busk. The family was Polish, and Roman Catholic.
      >
      > I contacted the archives in Warsaw because they stated that they had Roman Catholic church records for Busk Galicia/Ukraine for the years that my grandfather and great grandfather were born. I provided them with the names and dates, and after a wait of over a month I received a reply that they had found nothing on my grandfather or my great grandfather in the Busk records.
      >
      > I'm at a loss as to what to try next. I'd really like to find out where my family came from. Maybe someone could offer some ideas?
      >
      > Gary

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic