41157Re: Need Help Reading Manifest! Thank you! (Jab~lonka in Brzozow County, too)

  • hsp_woman
    Jul 31, 2012
      Dear Lavrentiy,

      I inquired a couple of days ago for help reading part of a ship's manifest:

      "Any help from trained eyes would so greatly appreciated:

      Wasyl Turenczak
      LINE 15
      New York (EI)
      Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm
      Arrived 1 Jun 1909
      LPR: Korczyn
      Ethnicity "Ruthenian"
      Nationality "Austria/Galicia"

      Column 11: I know he left his wife, "Anna Turenczak in
      Korczyn......something.....something.....[galicia]."

      I just recalled a member from the Polish GenForum (message 54477) regarding column 11's illegibility.

      He mentioned it *could* read: [Anna Turenczak] in "Korczyn p Leszczyska..."

      He continues: "There is a road leading out of the village of Korczyna named LESZCZYNSKA. There also once was a very small village called LESZCYZNY directly north of Korczyna that seems to have disappeared over time."

      Maybe this is spot on. Do you see it? Roman? All expert eyes?

      Thanks!

      -Jen

      > I'm looking at Wasyl's arrival record and in the place of relative left I still can't figure out what the scribe is doing. He has many p. xxxxx but they make no sense to me yet.

      > --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, "hsp_woman" <hspwoman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Just like their funeral director! Great!

      > > > Regarding Anna Turenczak on Wasyl arrival record.
      > > >
      > > > /

    • Show all 88 messages in this topic