      From: Danuta Janina Wójcik <sandlily@...>
      To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 11:43 AM
      Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Presnal and Szlachta family information request

      Łętownia spelled with the stroke on the (l) and tail on the (e).

      Łętownia [wɛnˈtɔvɲa] is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Strzyżów, within Strzyżów County, Podkarpackie Voivodeship, in south-eastern Poland.[1]

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%81%C4%99townia,_Strzy%C5%BC%C3%B3w_County

      Map of the Area

      http://www.strzyzow.pl/ogolne/gmina.jpg

      Pstrągówka
      Pstrągówka [pstrɔŋˈɡufka] is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Wiśniowa, within Strzyżów County, Subcarpathian Voivodeship, in south-eastern Poland.[1] It lies approximately 12 kilometres (7 mi) west of Strzyżów and 33 km (21 mi) south-west of the regional capital Rzeszów.
      The village has a population of 600

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pstr%C4%85g%C3%B3wka

      ___________________________________-

      Appears you still have extended family living in the area:
      Chairman of the Town Council – Krzysztof Szlachta

      http://www.strzyzow.pl/ogolne/ogol_inf_ang.htm

      Google Translate:

      Strzyżów

      Strzyżów is one of the most beautiful towns within the Strzyżowsko-Dynowskie Foothill, located 30 km south-west of Rzeszów, the capital of the Podkarpackie Province. Its building arrangement extends in the river of Wisłok valley, chained together with a low, barely wooded hills. The old section of the town occupies small rise, crossed by a road leading from the towns of Krosno and Jasło to the town of Rzeszów. New districts reach mild, picturesque slopes and terrains situated on the left hand side of the river. The panorama of Strzyżów may be viewed from the north-eastern part, from the hills line going down toward the village of Żarnów. A church and a belfry tower, compact arrangement of the marketplace, some part of the river of Wisłok, railway tracks, a park and terrace based detached house estates may be seen from quite a long distance. Old, partly historic architecture of the town centre has not been dominated by modern buildings, hence
      the urban organization of Strzyżów remains clear, and its provincial nature is characterized by harmony and peculiar beauty.

      Low level threat to the natural environment has let preserve numerous, valuable plant communities and rich fauna here. The areas of the greatest scenery and ecology values are law protected. Net of such areas is formed of: Czarnorzecko-Strzyżowski Landscape Park, Strzyżowsko-Sędziszowski Protected Landscape Area.

      Large cluster of well preserved forests and diverse geomorfologial structure provide outstanding conditions for tourism. Numerous sports and recreation facilities such as stadium, sports halls, tennis court, sports rifle-range, swimming pool, ski lift, ski jump, railway tunnel built by the Germans, set of educational- recreational paths (inclusive of fitness trail and nature-educational path) and numerous historic items serve that purpose. Two tourist trails: green and black run through the most interesting parts of the terrain.

      Tourist Information – 276 10 61, 276 13 54 ext. 54
      The Gmina and Town of Strzyżów occupies the area of 14.023 ha and has 21 316 inhabitants at present.

      Gmina and Town Office in Strzyżów

      5 Przecławczyka Street

      38-100 Strzyżów

      Phone 17/ 276 13 54, 276 11 71 Fax 276 32 19

      gmina@... www.strzyzow.pl

      The authorities of the gmina and town
      Mayor of Strzyżów - Msc Marek Śliwiński
      Chairman of the Town Council – Krzysztof Szlachta