34056RE: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Ukrainian/ Russian Army records

  • Lolly Kozak
    Sep 1, 2010
      Thank-you to all who sent me information. I have now been able to confirm that he was indeed a General in the Soviet Army.

      Another thing I was told about : that Kyrylo/ Cyril Samborsky was a Court Secretary in Poland. I don't know what that means; where could I find out some details.
      If he was a Court Secretary for Poland it must have been between 1919 and 1939 because the village he came from changed from Soviet rule to Polish.

      From the information on http://www.istor-44gsd.narod.ru/Html/person_44.html thanks to this group, I wonder when he would have had time to be a Court Secretary.
      Any thoughts or ideas?
      BTW, what does the date after Major General mean? Major-General (02/07/1943 d). I know that he died in 1972 so it wasn't his date of death.
      Lolly
      Samborski Cyril Nikitovich

      Artillery Commander 44 th Mountain Division, Colonel.

      1899 born In the Red Army from 1919, a member of the CPSU (b). Participated in the Civil War of 1919-1920, the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939-1940,

      As part of the 44 th Mountain Division participated in the first
      days of the Great Patriotic War in the fighting, first against the
      Hungarian army in the Carpathians, and then in the Ukraine against the
      Nazi invaders in the South-Western, and then the Southern Front.

      In August 1941, in the division was surrounded near the town of Uman. After the death of divisions in an area. Archangel Kirovograd region out of encirclement in the same group with the division commander, General Tkachenko. From the environment left.

      From November 1941 to 08.04.1942, the Chief of Staff of Artillery 21 th Army. In
      July 1942, under orders of the Military Council on 21 th Army, flew on
      the U-2 plane to the territory occupied by the Germans, and within 12
      days of fighting that led out and brought out through the surrounding
      150-km zone and units: 63 cg ( then 53 rs. Sd), 1 Motor Rifle Brigade,
      26 th artillery regiment and 135 rank GDH (a total of 15 thousand people
      from all over the nominal technique).

      Fulfilling the duties of Deputy Commander of the 64 th Army
      during the battle of Stalingrad was seriously wounded in both legs and
      concussion.

      In late 1942, was appointed commander of the 21 th breakthrough artillery divisions RGC.

      Major-General (02/07/1943 d). He was awarded the Red Banner (1940), the Order of Lenin (1943).

      To: GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com
      From: Lkrupnak@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 13:07:07 +0000
      Subject: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Re: Ukrainian/ Russian Army records