33866Re: [GaliciaPoland-Ukraine] Film 1922800 Berezowica Mala

  • Helen Ginn
    Jul 1, 2010
      Roman and Lavrentiy:

      Many thanks for your comments. It seems that Film 1922800 has given my friend her great great grandparents and she now has several other names in the family to work with. I couldn't help thinking that if Bishop's copies had been filmed, there should be other films available.

      Persistence pays off and after Googling and finding notes from the Toronto Ukrainian genealogy web site with information that [title board incorrectly lists place as Berezowica Wielka] which is exactly as shown on a birth document, it gives Velyka Berezovytsya as a place name.

      Apparently there are three more films 2161502 R.C. and 765868 and 2152031 G.C. that might have been microfilmed from original books. I'm sure 1922800 must be Bishop's copies with just bits and pieces of everything and unfortunately my Latin is very limited so I am not sure about the scribbles at the top of the pages but copia makes sense to me and the writing is not consistent. Much to look forward to with this search and I have one very happy camper who has hit pay dirt as they say and was moved to tears when she found what she had been hoping for.

      Thank you very much once again for your help and comments.

      Helen Ginn