32946Re: Gateeway to the Carpathians - Minority/Ethnic Group - Boykos

  • Ron
    Apr 6, 2010
      Thanks for posting Danuta. I would question only one passage or throw it open for discussiion <<Ancestors of Boykos, a conglomerate of Balkan nations and Boyko ancestors from the South Carpathians "Walachians came here in mid XV century.>>

      My impression is that Slavic peoples primarily migrated from east of the Carpathians to the Boyko - Rusyn - Slovak area and then on to the Balkans.

      The article seems to be translated from another language & quite good, a quality we cannot find in standard western histories. Presumably it is as accurate as local history can make it and free of the axe grinding slants that were so common in old histories.

      Ron

      --- In GaliciaPoland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Danuta Janina Wójcik <sandlily@...> wrote:

      > Boykos
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic