23726Re: Ukrainian names to English

    Nov 3, 2008
      Tammy...purchase Fred Hoffman's _First Names of the Polish
      Commonwealth: Origins and Meanings_

      --- In Galicia_Poland-Ukraine@yahoogroups.com, Tammy Mierau
      <tammymierau@...> wrote:

      > Happy Halloween everyone!  Just a quick question, rather than
      asking the 100 monotonous and mundane translations of Ukrainian first
      names to English equivalents.  Does anyone know of a site which
      provides the translation of Ukrainian first names to the English
      equivalents?  I'm checking passenger lists vs census records and
      trying to make a positive connection to some of my ancestors.