22284Re: Myroniak and Myroniuk Surnames

    Sep 4, 2008
      krupniak wrote:

      > Fred Hoffman's surname book has that Mironiuk was present in 1990.

      i.e. in Poland in 1990.

      There are probably many more Myroniuks in Ukraine.

      No comprehensive database of surnames in Ukraine exist....at this
      time, but I would not be surprised if one will appear on the
      Internet. A few years ago I thought that Ellis Island records would
      never be available on the Interent...then one day there they were and
      fully indexed! That took a big chunk of my business away (i.e trek
      to National Archives for customers)...oh well.